Thread: Cobra Kai

Cobra Kai

Anyone else check this out? YouTube Red if you're in the states, and pirated everywhere else.

This is basically a sequel to the original Karate Kid, 24 years later. Billy Zabka is down on his luck, and starts a dojo named Cobra Kai, his first student being a young immigrant in his apartment complex.

Meanwhile, Daniel LaRusso is the successful owner of a car dealership, whose daughter falls in love with Johnny's student. He's pissed about Cobra Kai starting up again, and will do anything to stop his old rival from getting into business.

It's a part after school special, but mostly a thoughtful turning off the tables and a reassessment of the original film. Loving it

watched the first 2 episodes. liked what i saw. a few funny bits in there. don't have a youtube red subscription tho. is there anything else on youtube red worth watching? don't think i want to subscribe just for this

Binged the entire show Sunday nite. Wasn’t expecting much, but ended up loving it unlike anything I’ve seen in recent memory. Could gave a field day with this one in the spot the Coors thread. I opted for the free 30 day trial of YouTube Red, and will be canceling before the 30 days, so I don’t get charged the $12.99 renewal fee.

free trial. duh. think i'll be doing that on Thursday

Finished the series as well. Felt a bit rushed at the end, but a pretty solid viewing experience. Zabka is pretty awesome in this.

Just finished it... better than any of the Karate Kid fioms. Hope it gets a second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Just finished it... better than any of the Karate Kid fioms. Hope it gets a second season.
    http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cobr...ed-1202805893/

I recently watched Karate Kid III, which I had no memory of seeing, and it's probably the worst...but most entertaining...in the bunch. The only thing that could have made it better would have been Billy Drago as the bad guy. It's amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by King-Wasp View Post
    I opted for the free 30 day trial of YouTube Red, and will be canceling before the 30 days, so I don’t get charged the $12.99 renewal fee.
    I will tell Ian we're doing this this weekend!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!