Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Cobra Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Never saw Karate Kid 3 or 4 that I know of. But only saw the first 2 maybe 2 times. Just was one of those 80s franchise I never got into.
    You're honestly not missing anything.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

I'm at work drinking bourbon. I don't remember any explosions happening in the parts I saw. I kind of want to watch it now.
    Ah, I saw this once, back in the 1990s. Awful film. Isn't Michael Ironside in it?
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Ah, I saw this once, back in the 1990s. Awful film. Isn't Michael Ironside in it?
    Had to double check.... My god you're right! I don't remember him at all. Walton Goggins is in it too!
    Last edited by Scott; 09-24-2020 at 02:29 PM.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Had to double check.... My god you're right! I don't remember him at all. Walton Goggins is in it too!
    It’s worthy of a Nobel Prize to me, somebody managed to make a movie with Walton Goggins and Michael Ironsides that turned out terrible!

Well, sheeit. Now, I'm going to HAVE to watch it!

Season 3 premieres Jan. 8th.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

You guys were right when you said there was a drop off in quality for season 2. Its a big one too. Season 1 definitely had a morality play angle to it but it was firstly a comedy. In season 2 the tail wags the dog. It feels very kiddy the way everyone is constantly learning.

Its also less fun now that the Cobra Kai kids are dicks. It keeps them from playing for laughs.

It also strange how amateurish this show is. Example: Daniel-sans kids are all wilting in a sudden heatwave, then they cut to the Cobra Kai kids, who are doing drills concurrently, charging through the forest in denim jackets and full winter gear. How does that happen? Is no one on set thinking at all?

Sticking with it though. Even at its worst it has a certain charm.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Actually the last 3 episodes of S2 were something of a return to form which gives some hope for season 3. As I understand it this show is absolutely killing it for Netflix at the moment.

I had a rewatch of the first movie the other day, this time to watch it from Zabka's perspective. Zabka's right. That Larouso is a punk who, frankly, probably earnt a few smacks in the face. It was a better movie than I remembered actually. Miyagi and Daniel-san are both very likeable leads.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

In for season 3 for sure.