Thread: Superstition (1982)

Superstition (1982)

The description for this one piqued my interest but for whatever reason I couldn't get into it when I first tried watching it many years ago. I'm glad I gave this a second chance. Very fun haunted house picture. This movie thumbs its nose at ideas such as character development, logic and subtlety. Coming off like a Fulci film in some aspects only not reaching the high's of Fulci at his peak during his horror cycle.

Every 5 or 10 minutes someone is picked off. And the filmmakers knew where to primarily invest their money in: the effects. Fun Canuckian escapism. Probably 5th best when it comes to haunted house movies. The best one is undoubtedly The Shining followed by (maybe a controversial opinion) Poltergeist and then The Haunting. The 4th best is Fulci's House by The Cemetery.

Fun picture. Will probably make a great double feature with Evilspeak or Death Spa. Either/or. Or fuck it, have a triple feature.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I liked this one as well.

This was a staple of video shops under the title of The Witch during my misspent youth, but never got around to renting it. Looks quite fun, will add it to the list.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

The gore murders are cool. Otherwise, this is a piece of crap.

While it doesn't make a lick of sense, I still enjoy it. Try to watch it once a year.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

It's a fun film. I remember catching it on Turner Classic Movies then found a used dvd. I'd like to see it get an upgrade.

Fantastic poser.

Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Over Your Dead Body (Takashi Miike, 2014)