Thread: Money Heist

Money Heist

I've been working my way through this for the past week, a Spanish heist series in which the thieves are looking to create and steal 2,400,000,000 euro. Very entertaining stuff, good characters, suitably tense. Earns a slight demerit in that the subs, very unusually for Netflix, aren't great. They're littered with typos and the language used is often pretty inelegant. Even the title Money Heist hits the ear wrong.

Its up to Season as I understand 3 it. Not sure how they keep it running for that long as the first series is feeling like a self contained story.

Man, there's so much stuff showing up on the streaming platforms it's tough to keep track of it all. This looks right up my alley and I've never heard of it. Will try and remedy that soon.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Finally reached the end of season 2. The show is listed on Netflix as "Part" 1 and 2 rather than as "seasons" and the reason for that it turns out is that it's a single, self contained story stretched out over the 23 episodes. So if you want to find out if they get away with 1.2 billion euros you're going to have to make a significant commitment. Particularly as its 23 hours in Spanish- looking back it's probably easiest just to learn Spanish... But it's totally worth the commitment! This was one of my favorites for the year. There's some unlikely (very unlikely) stuff that happens and the cops sure fire a lot without hitting anything but it's got some top characters and the last few episodes in particular are super tense.

Hanging out for season 3 now which is being produced by Netflix themselves after it became their most watched foreign language program. It will need to be a total reset but El Professor is returning and he's the main draw.
    Last edited by Dom D; 05-28-2018 at 11:10 PM.

Gonna try and make a point to start this series soon. Had too much travel this last month to really commit to anything. Thanks for bumping it!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!