Thread: The Terror

The Terror

Too... much...TV! I'm a few episodes into AMCs new horror series but it's pretty good.

Back in 1846 the Brits sent out their two most advanced ships to discover the elusively, non-exisistent Northwest passage. Neither were heard of again.

As such this story is, after the setup, entirely fictional. Looks like a good time of British sailors being hunted and torn apart by what may be supernatural entities. This is super atmospheric. The ship and the ice wastelands are beautifully rendered and it's all nicely grim.

98% on Rotten Tomatoes so far...

thought this was pretty good.

that part in the first or second episode when the guy was in the underwater suit getting the ice out of the boat was a pretty good creepy moment for me.

read there might be a season 2 but different story. enjoy Jared Harris on tv so would be cool if he is on season 2 if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by JLG View Post

that part in the first or second episode when the guy was in the underwater suit getting the ice out of the boat was a pretty good creepy moment for me.
    Great scene. The effects work on this kind of scene is excellent. It doesn't really call attention to itself for a show that must be almost entirely shot on a greenscreen but there's some really nice 3d work.