Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crown International Top 10

Crown International Top 10

I know I've seen a lot of Crown International releases from the 70's and 80's (probably in a cheap multipack), but with the exception of Malibu High, The Teacher and Trip With The Teacher, I'm not sure I can differentiate one from the other. I've seen Galaxina and Van Nuys Blvd. but it was years ago. I didn't see any threads dedicated to Crown as a whole, so I thought I'd throw this out there as a means of getting some recommendations on which titles to revisit.

Oh, so very many!

Pom Pom Girls
    Don’t Answer the Phone
    Weekend with the Babysitter
    Beach Girls
    Cindy & Donna
    Satan’s Slave
    Lurkers
    Prime Evil
    Coach

I’ve been meaning to check out Terror from one of the multi-paks so I can determine if I like it enough to spring for the VS disk.
    Check out my F'dup Flix blog for more musings on disreputable films.

Latest post: The "Halloween" series

The ones that really stand out for me are:

HORROR HIGH
    MALIBU HIGH
    THE POP POM GIRLS
    CINDY & DONNA

Many other ones are enjoyable.

I watched The Hearse yesterday and really liked it.

(Alphabetical order)
    Babysitter, the
    Blood mania
    Cavegirl
    Deathrow gameshow
    Don't answer the phone
    Malibu high
    Pick-up
    Pom pom girls
    Teacher, the
    Tomboy

I've seen a couple dozen Crown Int Films and loved about half of them. Along with those I listed above I thought Van Nuys Blvd, Seperate Ways, Double Exposure, Prime Evil, Trip With Teacher and Blood Mania worthwhile. I've found plenty of variety in their catalog. Still looking forward to The Young Graduates, The Van, Weekend With the Babysitter, Satan's Slave and The Stepmother.

In order of preference:

THE BABYSITTER
    THE YOUNG GRADUATES
    CINDY AND DONNA
    THE SIDEHACKERS

I love POM POM GIRLS and BEACH GIRLS. BEACH GIRLS I first saw at a midnite movie in the early 80s and went back and watched it several more times. That movie makes me happy. POM POM is fun but I especially love it because it seems to be a big inspiration to DAZED AND CONFUSED, which is one of my favorite movies- if you watch them back to back it seems like DAZED's art/set director/wardrobe people all watched POM POM to get some 70s vibe.

Not sure what my top 10 would be,but my #1 is Van Nuys BLVD.

I had never heard of it. Then got one of those Drive In multipacks. Saw it had a commentary so checked it out first. Great ripoff of American Graphatti. With so many little touches that make it stand out. Like why is the lead guy showing the Ralph Mouth looking dude a joint when they first get on the roller coaster?

I would have to put the 1962 B&W flick TERRIFIED at the top of the list.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

I also like MADMEN OF MANDORAS, which was the original, better cut of THEY SAVED HITLER'S BRAIN.

At least in television syndication packages, Crown briefly released the wonderful neo-noir film ANGEL'S FLIGHT (1965), under the unofficial title SHOCK HILL. I wish that film wasn't so rare, but it does exist, albeit in only mediocre condition.