Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Underground: Blu-ray and DVD legends

Blue Underground: Blu-ray and DVD legends

Nice.

Somebody get Michael Felsher involved.

I'll pre-order this one the minute it'll be announce because I seriously like this film (and I mean the film not the silly ending) and I want that limited red case (not because it's red, but because it looks really good with that cover).

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    Somebody get Michael Felsher involved.
    Please no... Anyone can do what he do and better than him, no point in throwing away money just for a red shirt after talking heads featurettes.
    Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 05-31-2013 at 06:11 PM.

Blue Underground: Blu-ray and DVD legends

I disagree Jimmy.

Felsher's audio commentary on FACES OF DEATH was superb. He's great on historical stuff.

David Kerekes or Joe Bob Briggs would be other people to approach who are cult film experts who really know their stuff.

And Carter Stevens is kind of essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Horace Cordier View Post
    Carter Stevens is kind of essential.
    Of course he is, just like Roberta Findlay and Simon Nuchtern are...

I guess I didn't listen the same Michael Felsher you did because he annoyed the hell out of me on the Halloween 3 commentary track and he had an attitude I can't stand (shit stirrer had that effect on me).
    Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 05-31-2013 at 06:29 PM.

OK, so we knew Snuff was coming, can they get to telling us what else is in the works?

I asked on Facebook, and, unfortunately, BU said they've been unable to get a hold of the original SLAUGHTER for use as a bonus feature.

Not a big surprise as Jack Bravman the right owner of this film (at least the original version of it) didn't see a dime of the precedent BU DVD release. But maybe it's a case of one person own The Slaughter version and another one own the Snuff version (no clue who as Allan Shackleton is dead)...

This probably meant that it will be done without Roberta Findlay also and the original film angle will be totaly ignored.

They would have access to Slaughter if they would play fair game and pay the right owner of the film.
    Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 05-31-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
    Not a big surprise as Jack Bravman the right owner of this film (at least the original version of it) didn't see a dime of the precedent BU DVD release. But maybe it's a case of one person own The Slaughter version and another one own the Snuff version (no clue who as Allan Shackleton is dead)...

This probably meant that it will be done without Roberta Findlay also and the original film angle will be totaly ignored.

They would have access to Slaughter if they would play fair game and pay the right owner of the film.
    Actually, not quite. Bravman sold the rights (a few times). The neg might be out there but he definitely doesn't have it.

I was under the impression he was always the rights owner. I'm sure you are right John, you certainly know more than me about what happen behind the scene...

Edit: Maybe Roberta Findlay have it?
    Last edited by Jimmy Simard; 05-31-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Simard View Post
    I was under the impression he was always the rights owner. I'm sure you are right John, you certainly know more than me about what happen behind the scene...

Edit: Maybe Roberta Findlay have it?
    The rights on SNUFF are a huge mess. i can't publicly say anything about it, unfortunately, but I've seen quite a bit of paperwork to imply that Bravman sold the film at least twice.