Thread: James Wan Producing Arachnophobia Remake

James Wan Producing Arachnophobia Remake

"That’s right, the 1990 cult horror-comedy favorite is next to get the upgrade treatment. According to Deadline, James Wan’s Atomic Monster and Steven Spielberg’s Amblin Entertainment are producing a redo of the movie, which is about an army of deadly Venezuelan arachnids terrorizing a small American town. No writers, director, or actors are attached to the project yet."

More here:

https://filmschoolrejects.com/make-spiders-scary-again/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

As a young 'un I remember this movie being a lot fo fun as a PG horror movie. It seems to have garnered a bad rep over the years. I'd love to see it again to see if it holds up but I'm, well, arachnophobic and I don't want to be looking over my shoulder for the General all movie. It's hard to believe it's not good. I'm mean would Julian Sands really be in a movie of low quality? That's stretching credulity.

I'm with you on this - well maybe not Sands, ha, but in thinking the first one was good and being an arachnaphobic. I hate to sound like the old man in the room but my concern for the remake maybe not working so well is that the effects will most certainly be CGI-heavy if not entirely CGI and while that can work for backgrounds and accenting certain things, for me, when it's used to bring monsters or creatures to life, it never looks 'real' to me the way that good practical effects do.

But we'll see. This is a ways off and deserves its day in court.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I really enjoyed the original. Of course there is no need for a remake but that's never stopped them before has it?