Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nicolas Cage Vs. A Cult - Mandy

I wish that guy with the card game would come back.

Anyway, there's an 8-bit video game version in the works.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/video-...it-mandy-game/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Saw the film. Kind of liked it, appreciated its vision even if it wasn't entirely my cup of tea.

I was going crazy thinking in which Japanese film I had heard "Mandy Love Theme" before...
    https://youtu.be/PKZEBhRX-TU?t=318

Then I realized it: Josee, the Tiger and the Fish (2003).
    https://vimeo.com/303081666

For anyone interested in the German release...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

It was very hard to care about anything that happened in this movie. When the revenge seeker's concern pivots from his partner being burned in front of him to his favorite shirt being torn the movie needed to go into gonzo overdrive but it never did that for me. This movie was just a fucking drag.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyboy View Post
    It was very hard to care about anything that happened in this movie. When the revenge seeker's concern pivots from his partner being burned in front of him to his favorite shirt being torn the movie needed to go into gonzo overdrive but it never did that for me. This movie was just a fucking drag.
    But dude, it was his favorite shirt because (as we saw in flashback) it was the shirt he was wearing when he first met Mandy. Movie redeemed!

This may shock you but I fast forwarded thru a good chunk of this movie.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Blasphemy.

Take away this man's Doris Wishman and Andy Milligan collection. May the tapes and discs be stepped upon, broken in half, and thrown into the garbage.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

I keep thinking that if I'd seen this at home first I might not have had the patience for it. I'm rarely one of those people that says "You need to see this on the big screen". But I think a big part of why this worked for me was seeing it in the theater. It's not really a movie about the plot, per se. Like a Mario Bava movie it works for me because of the gel lighting and the music more than anything else. Then again I only saw BLACK RAINBOW at home and I loved it even if it tested my patience the first time through.

I guess I just like the stew of old religious cults, drugs, Heavy Metal inspired animated vignettes, washed up new age rock stars, and Bill Duke. That King Crimson opening didn't hurt either.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Mandy disqualified from the Oscars.

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/ma...re-1202027106/

"Variety reported earlier this week “Mandy” was disqualified from the Oscars because “it was released on VOD before it completed its qualifying run.” When asked to elaborate on the disqualification, a representative for the film told IndieWire a “qualifying run” means the film is released for one week in Los Angeles with a minimum of three screenings per day. “Mandy” became available on VOD before the completion of its one-week run and was deemed ineligible as a result."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

It wasn't going to win anyway. But the film has been noticed by the elite which is something. Hopefully Cosmatos isn't absorbed by the machine and creates mindless superhero movies. OR he goes the John Sayles route and makes one POS then uses the money to fund passion projects.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.