Thread: 88 Films Releasing Harlequin

88 Films Releasing Harlequin

88 Vault opens its doors again on 8th October with this Ozploitation classic from 1980! With a cast that includes such acclaimed thespians as Robert Powell (TOMMY) and David Hemmings (DEEP RED), the thrills come thick and fast in this oddball curiousity that, once seen, is hard to forget - exactly what one might expect from a script penned by the legendary Ozploitation hand Everett De Roche (LONG WEEKEND, PATRICK, ROAD GAMES, FORTRESS)!

Name:  harl.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  47.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Specs and extras announced:

For fans of Ozploitation it is the likes of MAD MAX (1980) or even the trash-tastic TURKEY SHOOT (1982) that may first pop into many a horror hound's mind - however, the cycle offered so much more and never is this clearer than with the surrealist shocks of HARLEQUIN (1980) a true genre standout that was also released under the more ominous moniker of DARK FORCES. In this oddball mix of sci-fi, horror and political espionage (yes, you read that right) a mysterious healer appears in the abode of a leading American senator who finds that his terminally ill son is quickly cured of his leukaemia. The appreciative politician opts to keep this puzzling presence around... although all is not as it seems. With a cast that includes such acclaimed thespians as Robert Powell (TOMMY) and David Hemmings (DEEP RED), the thrills come thick and fast in this genuine curiousity that, once seen, is hard to forget - exactly what one might expect from a script penned by the legendary Ozploitation hand Everett De Roche (LONG WEEKEND, PATRICK, ROAD GAMES, FORTRESS)!

SPECIAL FEATURES
    Limited Edition O-Card slipcase [First Print Run Only]
    Limited Edition Accompnying Booklet notes by Candice Waddell [First Print Run Only]
    Destruction From Down Under, An Ozploitation Retrospective: Interview with Kim Newman
    Archive Interview with Robert Powell and David Hemmings
    Audio Commentary with Director Simon Wincer and Producer Antony I. Ginnane
    Cast and Crew Interviews with Director Simon Wincer, Producer Antony I Ginnane, Screenwriter Everett de Roche, Actor Gus Mercurio
    Theatrical Trailer
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing

TECHNICAL SPECS
    Region Code: TBC
    Picture Format: HD 1080p 2.39:1
    Audio Format: LPCM 2.0
    Language: English
    Subtitles: English
    Certification: 15
    Running Time: 96 Mins Approx
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Candice Waddel?

Their text, not mine. I suspect someone is trying to be funny.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!