Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Candyman Coming To Blu-ray

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    My old UK VHS has the uncut psychiatrist murder scene. It has a bit more blood squirting. It's not much but very noticeable when I watch the current Blu Ray.
    It was uncut even on my old Swedish VHS, which is surprising given this was the time when harsh censorship was still very much a thing over here. As I understand it the version on every disc release is the American R-rated release (ie. the regular theatrical cut), but I can't fathom why the Euro VHS versions are different. Anyway, it has always felt wrong watching the scene on DVD and BD, as the gorier version is what I'm used to seeing. To be honest the toned down cut probably doesn't change the impact of the scene, if you've never seen the other version.
    Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Info is up for the US Shout! Factory release.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=6876

"An effectively eerie psychological chiller" – Leonard Maltin

This gut-wrenching thriller follows a graduate student whose research summons the spirit of the dead! When Helen Lyle hears about Candyman, a slave spirit with a hook hand who is said to haunt a notorious housing project, she thinks she has a new twist for her thesis. Braving the gang-ridden territory to visit the site, Helen arrogantly assumes Candyman can't really exist ... until he appears, igniting a string of terrifying, grisly slayings. But the police don't believe in monsters, and charge Helen with the crimes. And the only one who can set her free is Candyman.

This Deluxe Limited Edition contains:

The collector's edition Blu-Ray with slipcover
    A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Joel Robinson
    A second slipcover — made exclusively for ShoutFactory.com — featuring newly-designed art from artist Laz Marquez
    A limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the newly-designed art from artist Laz Marquez
    Early shipping to arrive two weeks before the national street date

Bonus Features

DISC ONE
    NEW 2K Restoration From A New 4K Scan Of The Original Negative, Supervised And Approved By Writer/Director Bernard Rose And Director Of Photography Anthony B. Richmond
    NEW Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Bernard Rose And Actor Tony Todd
    NEW Audio Commentary With Authors Stephen Jones And Kim Newman
    Audio Commentary With Director Bernard Rose, Author Clive Barker, Producer Alan Poul And Actors Tony Todd, Virginia Madsen And Kasi Lemmons
    Audio Commentary With Bernard Rose, Moderated By The Movie Crypt's Adam Green And Joe Lynch

DISC TWO
    NEW "Be My Victim" – An Interview With Tony Todd
    NEW "It Was Always You, Helen" – An Interview With Virginia Madsen
    NEW "The Writing On The Wall: The Production Design Of Candyman" – An Interview With Production Designer Jane Ann Stewart
    NEW "Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX Of Candyman" – Including Interviews With Special Makeup Effects Artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe And Mark Coulier
    NEW "A Story To Tell: Clive Barker's The Forbidden" – Writer Douglas E. Winter On Clive Barker's Seminal Books Of Blood And Candyman's Source Story, The Forbidden
    NEW "Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman" – A Critical Analysis Of The Film With Writers Tananarive Due And Steven Barnes
    "Sweets To The Sweet: The Candyman Mythos" Featuring Interviews With Clive Barker, Virginia Madsen And More ...
    "Clive Barker: Raising Hell" – An Interview With Clive Barker
    Bernard Rose's Storyboards
    Theatrical Trailer
    Still Gallery
    ...And More To Be Announced!

Name:  cm.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  50.6 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Arrow has confirmed their release will be a 2 disc set and include the r-rated version on one disc and the UK theatrical version on the second disc.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Might have to get this now as the eventual standard version may just be the first disc (just a guess but that's their usual MO with limited editions). I know there's not much difference, but that scene has always looked wrong to me after watching the uncut version for years.
    Last edited by agent999; 10-04-2018 at 09:44 AM.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

And here's the 'formal press release' from Shout for this release.

SCREAM FACTORY PRESENTS

A BERNARD ROSE FILM
    CANDYMAN
    Starring Virginia Madsen, Tony Todd, Xander Berkeley, and Kasi Lemmons

COLLECTOR’S EDITION BLU-RAY™ UNLEASHES NOVEMBER 20, 2018 FROM SCREAM FACTORY™

“An effectively eerie psychological chiller” – Leonard Maltin

The myth of Candyman has endured for generations. He legacy is eternal rage. This November, we dare you to look into a mirror and say his name five times when terrifying 90’s cult classic thriller, CANDYMAN Collector’s Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray arrives on home entertainment shelves November 20, 2018. Written and directed by Bernard Rose (Frankenstein), executive produced by Clive Barker (Nightbreed), and music by Philip Glass, CANDYMAN stars Virginia Madsen (Sideways, Dune), Tony Todd (Night of the Living Dead, The Crow), Xander Berkeley (The Walking Dead, Gattaca), and Kasi Lemmon (Eve’s Bayou, The Silence of the Lambs). A must-have for loyal fans, movie collectors and horror enthusiasts, this definitive collector’s edition Blu-ray contains new 2K restoration from a new 4K scan of the original film elements, a payload of bonus content, including new audio commentary with writer/director Bernard Rose, actor Tony Todd, and authors Stephen Jones and Kim Newman, new interviews with cast and crew, special featurettes, and much more! Pre-order is available now at ShoutFactory.com

This gut-wrenching thriller follows a graduate student whose research summons the spirit of the dead! When Helen Lyle hears about Candyman, a slave spirit with a hook hand who is said to haunt a notorious housing project, she thinks she has a new twist for her thesis. Braving the gang-ridden territory to visit the site, Helen arrogantly assumes Candyman can't really exist ... until he appears, igniting a string of terrifying, grisly slayings. But the police don't believe in monsters, and charge Helen with the crimes. And the only one who can set her free is Candyman.

DISC 1 – Theatrical Cut:

NEW 2K restoration from a new 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approve by writer/director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
    NEW audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
    NEW audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
    Audio Commentary with director Bernard Rose, author Clive Barker, producer Alan Poul and actors Tony Todd, Virginia Madsen and Kasi Lemmons
    Audio Commentary with director Bernard Rose, from The Movie Crypt Podcast hosted by filmmakers Adam Green and Joe Lynch
    Sweets to the Sweet: The Candyman Mythos featuring interviews with director Bernard Rose, producer Alan Poul, executive producer Clive Barker, actors Virginia Madsen, Tony Todd and Kasi Lemmons
    Clive Barker: Raising Hell – an interview with author/artist/filmmaker Clive Barker
    Interview with actor Tony Todd (2014)
    Bernard Rose’s Storyboards
    Theatrical Trailer
    TV Spots
    Still Gallery
    Screenplay (BD-Rom)

DISC 2 – Unrated Cut:

NEW 2K restoration from a new 4K scan of the original negative with high definition inserts for the uncut footage from an archival film print
    NEW Be My Victim – an interview with Tony Todd
    NEW It Was Always You, Helen – an interview with Virginia Madsen
    NEW Reflection in the Mirror – an interview with Kasi Lemmons
    NEW A Kid in Candyman – an interview with actor DeJuan Guy
    NEW The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – an interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
    NEW Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – including interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
    NEW A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
    NEW "Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman" – A Critical Analysis Of The Film With Writers Tananarive Due And Steven Barnes

1080p High-Definition Widescreen (1.85:1)/DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1/English Subtitles/1992/ Approximate Feature Running Time: 99 Minutes
    Rock! Shock! Pop!