Thread: Titan Releasing The Prisoner: Shattered Visage

Titan Releasing The Prisoner: Shattered Visage

THE PRISONER “SHATTERED VISAGE” TO BE PUBLISHED BY TITAN!

Name:  pris.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  47.1 KB

LONG-AWAITED OFFICIAL SEQUEL FINALLY AVAILABLE ONCE MORE

(July 20, 2018, San Diego Comic Con) Cult classic THE PRISONER has been captivating audiences and firing imaginations since it first aired in the UK in 1967 and in the US the following year. Now fans can go even deeper into The Village with this official graphic novel sequel set twenty years after the events of the iconic TV series.

Originally published in 1988, SHATTERED VISAGE tells the story of former secret agent Alice Drake, whose round-the-world solo voyage is interrupted when she is accidentally shipwrecked and washes up on the shores of The Village. There she encounters Number Six, finds out what has become of Number Two, and discovers the true purpose of The Village.

Titan Comics, a licensee of ITV Studios Global Entertainment, are delighted to release this long out-of-print classic with new material, including character sketches and notes from writer/artist Dean Motter . Fans can finally get their hands on the unmissable next chapter in THE PRISONER saga for the first time in years.

Writer/Artist Dean Motter says:

"When I was approached to do a series based on The Prisoner, I leapt at the chance. It was one of my favourite TV shows when it first aired … My thinking turned to doing it as a post-modernist fable - one that took place in the current era, but that would re-open the questions from the original saga.

However, doing the research was going to take more resources than I had – so I drafted my friend and colleague Mark Askwith to help me with that aspect of the project. It became a collaboration almost instantly. I am honoured to see it re-presented as part of Titan's ongoing celebration of The Prisoner's ongoing 50th anniversary."

SHATTERED VISAGE joins Titan’s line of titles based on THE PRISONER, which includes the previously unavailable masterpiece THE PRISONER ART EDITION, showcasing never-before-seen artwork from graphic novel legends Jack Kirby and Gil Kane – as well as THE PRISONER: THE UNCERTAINTY MACHINE, a brand new mini-series by writer Peter Milligan and artist Colin Lorimer.

SHATTERED VISAGE will be available to order through the Diamond PREVIEWS catalogue later this year.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I got the trade of this DC put out years ago. I guess all the copies of that are sold out now. For years Instocktrades had it for 7 or 8 bucks.

I had the originals but like a lot of my comics, they got destroyed in a basement flood in the 90s.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That sucks. I had the issues. But a ex set most of my comic collection on fire. Got the trade right at 10 years ago IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    But a ex set most of my comic collection on fire..
    You win.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    You win.
    LOL I lost more like it. I had been collecting comics since 77 and this was 96. I managed to save 2 longboxes,well she didn't know they were in the closet. But lost about 5 longboxes. Nothing really expensive. Worst part or maybe it was karma paying me back for trying to speculate on comics in the early 90s,was she didn't burn my 50 copies of Youngblood #1.

50 copies? Ouch. You got burned in more ways than one.

I lost a LOT of good stuff in the flood. Had a signed first edition of Wrighton's A Look Back, a lot of bronze age DC and Marvel horror books, some Vigil and Wrightson portfolio sets and a few original art pieces too. And of course, since I was 20, I didn't bother getting renters insurances, so I just had to eat it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    50 copies? Ouch. You got burned in more ways than one.

I lost a LOT of good stuff in the flood. Had a signed first edition of Wrighton's A Look Back, a lot of bronze age DC and Marvel horror books, some Vigil and Wrightson portfolio sets and a few original art pieces too. And of course, since I was 20, I didn't bother getting renters insurances, so I just had to eat it.
    Yea see what I lost was mostly just comics. Lots of them well read. I have managed to replace most of what I lost.

The 50 copies of Youngblood....well I worked part time in a comic shop during high school. Got a huge discount so bought 50 of Youngblood 1 and 50 of Spawn 1. The Spawn 1s I sold for 5 to 10 each around the time when the Spawn movie came out. The Youngbloods I ended up leaving in a box when I moved with a sign saying "Hey free comics."

I worked part time in a comic book store in the mid-nineties - those were wacky times for the industry.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I did it mostly to get out of school early each day. My senior year I had 2 hours of classes each day. Would leave at 10am to goto work. The comic shop didn't open until 1pm. So I could run home take a nap then go pull a 4 hour shift at the shop.