Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

José Ramon Larraz’ Edge of the Axe & Deadly Manor Coming From Arrow

Or so says this tweet at least!

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  76.6 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Arrow themselves confirmed this'll be coming out in 2019 and that it will be given a brand new restoration.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This is great news. I am a big Larraz fan and own the vhs of this film. Looking forward to it's release. Thanks for posting.

And who doesn't love a movie that includes Patty Shepard being attacked in a carwash by a Jason-like serial killer? Good stuff...
    VHS will never die!

Is it any good? I'm a huge Larraz fan but that looks very unLarrazish. Though I am drawn to 80s Computers Are Magic films...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Is it any good? I'm a huge Larraz fan but that looks very unLarrazish. Though I am drawn to 80s Computers Are Magic films...
    It's a rock solid slasher with a pretty air tight mystery as to who the killer is. Some great kills, too. It's not overtly graphic or gory but the axe gets swung pretty fucking hard and the opening scene in a carwash is brilliantly executed. The bits with the computer actually make it pretty ahead of its time. This has to be one of the very first movies where instant messaging is used as a plot point.
    Vortice Mortale - Latest post: No Reason (Olaf Ittenbach, 2010)

This looks good. I'm always keen on more Larraz stuff getting a proper release.

Yoink. Coming 1/28/19.

https://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/...cover-blu-ray/

Name:  EDGE_OF_THE_AXE_BD_OCARD_US_3D.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  38.3 KB

Barton Faulks, Christina Marie Lane, Page Mosely English Not Rated From cult Spanish filmmaker José Ramón Larraz (Vampyres, Symptoms) comes this long-neglected late 80s slasher classic, finally unleashed on Blu-ray for the first time ever!

The rural community of Paddock County is being rocked by the crazed exploits of an axe-wielding psychopath, who stalks the night in a black trenchcoat and mask. As the victims pile up, the authorities attempt to keep a lid on the situation, whilst computer whizz-kid Gerald and girlfriend Lillian seek to unmask the killer before the town population reaches zero.

Nominally set in Northern California but shot primarily in Madrid, giving the film an off-kilter, American/European atmosphere akin to the likes of Pieces, Edge of the Axe is a late entry hack-and-slash masterpiece from one of the titans of Spanish terror.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

Brand new 2K restoration from the original camera negative
    English and Spanish language versions of the feature
    Original uncompressed mono audio
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing for the English soundtrack
    Newly translated English subtitles for the Spanish soundtrack
    Brand new audio commentary with actor Barton Faulks
    Brand new audio commentary with The Hysteria Continues
    Newly-filmed interview with actor Barton Faulks
    The Pain in Spain – a newly-filmed interview with special effects and make-up artist Colin Arthur
    Image Gallery
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly-commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
    Collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Amanda Reyes
    Limited edition slipcase (500 units only in the US and 500 in the UK through Arrow Direct)

Also up for preoorder without the LE slip at Amazon.

https://amzn.to/324iMdB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

The Diabolik exclusive slipcover is sold out.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!