Thread: BAYWATCH being remastered into HD and with new music

BAYWATCH being remastered into HD and with new music

Baywatch is being remastered in HD. For, you, know those special details! (Note: I worked on the program behind the scenes for several seasons)

Unfortunately, they are doing the old Cropping and Stretching routine by converting the original 4x3 compositions into 16x9 to "fit" wide-screen TVs. Sure, it was a silly show, but Jim Pergola's photography was one of its better aspects -- and he knew how to frame a shot. And, the purist in me hates the fact that the Producers are also going to take out those cheezy 80s tunes and 'modernize' them with new songs. Do they really think that hordes of teens and young people are going to flock to a 20 year old TV show because the songs are more 'relatable' to their generation?!

P.S. Also note that the frame comparison in the article is ridiculously bad - BOTH the 'Before' & 'After' photos are in 16x9! Hello, Deadline!

https://deadline.com/2018/08/fremant...t-list-wrapper

Boobies fit a 16:9 frame perfectly, but no TV screen can contain the intensity of the Hoff.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Boobies fit a 16:9 frame perfectly, but no TV screen can contain the intensity of the Hoff.
    But, look at the frame grabs in the article I posted - the new HD frame CUTS OFF PAM'S CLEAVAGE!!!

The world is becoming less fun. I suppose it's the opposite to the loss of all those great bits of unmatted nudity from old VHS tapes when they were released in their correct aspect ratios. An old perv like me just can't catch a break.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

To me, it's more a purist argument. I hate when I see old shows stretched to "fit" modern TVs. It get ridiculous when you watch an old cartoon like The Simpsons and gags are actually lost because they are either out of frame completely or get cropped in half.

People know that Baywatch was made in the 80s. You aren't going to 'fool' them into thinking they are new.