Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Joe Dallesandro films...

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Jane View Post
    There's also a documentary on him, Little Joe, that he put together himself. Anyone seen it or know where to find it?

Also need to have Ian look for this.
    The film was still being worked on and was possibily put on hiatus because Paul Morrissey refused to license clips from the films they did together, didn't even want to participate either form what I hear. And yes watch SAVAGE THREE and THE CLIMBER two of the best films Joe did in Italy.

Are these releases by Force Video bad? They're actually not too expensive...

Flesh

Attachment 20965

Trash

Attachment 20966
    They are probably from the same of two masters that have been used for all the previous releases. The two Image releases from different time spans use different masters, the newer Image boxset uses newer transfers and look slightly better. I'd imagine that these would be the "newer ones", and the reason I put quotations on that is because those transfers are already over 10-12 years old. Which makes me think blu-rays of the Flesh Trilogy and Women in Revolt should be due any day now.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    Glad I watched The Climber, it pretty much has it all: Joe and Stefania Casini look great, amazing seventies threads, fun music (I guess Focus were big in Italy in 1974), random biker action, a topless DJ (I may have dreampt that), the funniest disco song ever etc. The interview with Joe is really good too.
    That interview is awesome. So glad Arrow gave this film some love. There is another Italian film that I would love to see and should be released on blu-ray it's Born Winner. Only available in shitty 2nd and 3rd generation copies. You can watch the film on youtube:

Which makes me think blu-rays of the Flesh Trilogy and Women in Revolt should be due any day now.
    Do you know if it really might? Like maybe you know who might be a likely possibly?
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Do you know if it really might? Like maybe you know who might be a likely possibly?

All I know is that Paul Morrissey was at the Criterion offices in a video segment they did and there was the Flesh trilogy press books and memorabilia spread out on a table in front of him. Mind you this was a few years ago and it could have been for the Flesh for Frankenstein and Dracula films, but he already did commentary on previous releases on those so that coupled with the video makes me think it will be for these three films.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Oh yes, THE GARDENER. I'd be careful with that one, it's pretty bad. It's like a soap opera with fantasy elements, although I seem to recall an interesting, almost pastel colour scheme to everything and a couple stylish murder scenes. Hell, maybe it is worth watching.
    Its not the greatest, but I still like it for the odd fantasy vibe. Worth watching. I think the bones of it has promise, had Paul morrissey directed it it could have been great.

Yeah, it sounds weird and worth a watch for that alone.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Watched The Gardener yesterday. Pretty ridiculous but entertaining in its goofiness. Funny how Joe's roles all seem to be based on presence. There was so little dialogue in this. This was filmed the same year as Blood For Dracula which I thought was interesting.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

One of Joe's relatives posted some of Joe's home videos on youtube.