Thread: Damiano Damiani's Gioco al Massacro / A Human Portrait write up

Damiano Damiani's Gioco al Massacro / A Human Portrait write up

I have a new write up on the rare Damiano Damiani film A Human Portrait a.k.a. Massacre Play / Gioco al massacro, Starring Elliot Gould, Tomas Milian, and Eva Robin's, if anyone is interested, if not that's cool too. Thank you.:
    http://lightandshadowcinematicmusing...a2263e8b3c7664

An Andalusian Dog enandalusiskhund's Avatar
    Haven't seen this, but I love Damiani! Would love to see some label tackle some of his films. He needs more exposure.
    Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!

It is my favorite Damiani film and well worth tracking down. It is really a shame this didn't get a wider release. The rare greek dvd release might be difficult to find, although I am not certain. I obtained my copy through ioffer quite awhile ago and I also have a vhs rip too. Thanks for the reply.

Didn't know this was out on DVD, but now I've bought it on eBay. It cost €6 shipped!

I've never seen this, though I love Damiani and the work of the cast. The Greek DVD is tempting: what's it like? Is it English-friendly? (I'm always wary before diving into the shadowy netherworld of Greek DVD releases.)
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

The auction I bought said the DVD had non-removable greek subs and English language soundtrack. Probably looks like shit, but for that price it's worth a shot.

The dvd I own has greek subs that can be turned off and is it in english. The film was shot in english in fact. As far as image quality, it is pretty good, better than the vhs rip I have. There are screen caps of the dvd on my blog in the above link. I hope that answered your questions.

Thanks, chaps. I'll order a copy for myself, I think.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard