Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mondo Macabro releasing QUEENS OF EVIL (1970) on Blu-ray

Mondo Macabro releasing QUEENS OF EVIL (1970) on Blu-ray

QUEENS OF EVIL (1970)

And finally, this wonderfully bizarre bit of hippy horror from Italy!

QUEENS OF EVIL stars Ray Lovelock as a freelovin’ dude just tryin’ to get away from it all, who stumbles into a seemingly perfect situation: a very stylish home isolated in the countryside inhabited by three extremely beautiful young ladies (played by Silvia Monti, Evelyn Stewart, and Haydee Politoff) who are totally into him and his free-love ethos. But of course, things don’t go exactly as he would hope, and soon enough things take a bizarre turn into the realms of pagan ritual and witchcraft!

A wonderfully stylized example of late 60s/early 70s counterculture exploitation cinema with lots of artsy touches and an occult horror payoff, it’s a real mystery that QUEENS OF EVIL has never gotten a US release before now. Mondo Macabro is very excited to rectify that sad situation with this Blu-ray release of a new 2k restoration of the film from its original negative. Expect a LE to be unveiled sometime early next year, with a retail edition coming a couple of months later.

Name:  queens3.png
Views: 629
Size:  106.7 KB

Great announcements today!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Thanks Ian! We are excited about them. We also have as many as 3 other titles to announce for roughly this same time period. All three are DVD upgrades but only one of them is a film we did on DVD. We will reveal when we can!

Awesome. And there's still the American exploitation titles in the works too, right?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Awesome. And there's still the American exploitation titles in the works too, right?
    Yes, the first American Arcana release will be a double feature from the SWV archives, THE RAVAGER and THE BUSHWHACKER. That release and a double feature of 60s Greek movies, THE WILD PUSSYCAT and THE DESERTER will be our next two releases. Hopefully on sale sometime next month or early October.

Fantastic. The Ravager is amazing.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

wow, queens of evil is amazing! didn't really care for the other stuff but this one is grade-A bizarre italian horror.

edit: too bad lovelock died last year, would've been cool to hear his thoughts about this.
    Last edited by killer must kill again; 08-23-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Ray Lovelock as a freelovin hippy, a role he was destined to play numerous times it seems. Great announcements Jared. I quite honestly have never heard of this one but I love that there are Italians films still out there that are worthy of a blu-ray.

Jared, you have made me very happy. I'll still love my old Japanese DVD (if for no other reason than its gorgeous cover), but having this on blu-ray will be wonderful. Dangerous Cargo sounds like a major find. (I bet Zipang would look great on blu-ray ...)

From the recent MM newsletter:

"Given how long it's taking to get SEVEN WOMEN and SINS OF THE FLESH done, we've decided to forgo doing any titles in August or September. But we are already working on releases that will be unveiled during our Annual Halloween Sale in October! And if all goes right, we will have not one, not two, but THREE new LE blus on sale at that time!! Yes, we are getting ambitious, and though this is all very tentative we are pretty sure we can get them done for a late October/early November mailout. All three will be delirious Eurohorror gems. But what are they? Well, we want to keep things mostly close to the chest at the moment, but I'm feeling generous so here's one that we are planning on doing at that time (if all goes smoothly between now and then) -

Yes, FINALLY! We announced this one like two years ago at least. At the time we thought we were a few months away at the most from getting this psychedelic, early 70s Italo/French witchcraft-themed thriller out onto the streets. But alas, that was not to be. Problem after problem beset us with this one. Broken promises, rights disputes, miscommunication, you name it. But we have finally gotten a 2K scan of the film done and it's currently being inspected by our restoration person. So cross your fingers that everything remains copacetic with this film and we can go ahead as planned. "
    Rock! Shock! Pop!