Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mondo Macabro releasing QUEENS OF EVIL (1970) on Blu-ray

I haven't seen it in quite a while. i can't remember if i liked it. It was a streaming vhs rip.
    Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

From the latest MM newsletter...

"It will have a slipcover! Slipcover lovers/collectors of the world unite in joy! Ain't it purty? We can't do a "red case" release for this one because it will be TWO DISCS! Yes, exclusive to this release will be a bonus DVD featuring a humongous 3 HOUR + career-spanning interview with the late, great Ray Lovelock! You won't find this anywhere else. If you are a fan of his, this is a MUST-OWN. Also exclusive to this edition will be a booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Italian film guru Roberto Curti. The disc itself will have a plethora of other extras, including a brand new commentary by Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan. Full specs will be announced closer to October.

That's the good news. The only sort-of-bad-news is that this release will be a bit pricier than previous LEs. But only a bit. $28 instead of $25. The other two LEs we are currently prepping will be traditional "red case" releases priced at the usual $25."

Name:  queens-of-evil.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  50.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    From the recent MM newsletter:

"Given how long it's taking to get SEVEN WOMEN and SINS OF THE FLESH done, we've decided to forgo doing any titles in August or September. But we are already working on releases that will be unveiled during our Annual Halloween Sale in October! And if all goes right, we will have not one, not two, but THREE new LE blus on sale at that time!! Yes, we are getting ambitious, and though this is all very tentative we are pretty sure we can get them done for a late October/early November mailout. All three will be delirious Eurohorror gems. But what are they? Well, we want to keep things mostly close to the chest at the moment, but I'm feeling generous so here's one that we are planning on doing at that time (if all goes smoothly between now and then) -

Yes, FINALLY! We announced this one like two years ago at least. At the time we thought we were a few months away at the most from getting this psychedelic, early 70s Italo/French witchcraft-themed thriller out onto the streets. But alas, that was not to be. Problem after problem beset us with this one. Broken promises, rights disputes, miscommunication, you name it. But we have finally gotten a 2K scan of the film done and it's currently being inspected by our restoration person. So cross your fingers that everything remains copacetic with this film and we can go ahead as planned. "
    October is getting feckin expensive with the Dawn of the Dead set being the big one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    From the latest MM newsletter...

"It will have a slipcover! Slipcover lovers/collectors of the world unite in joy! Ain't it purty? We can't do a "red case" release for this one because it will be TWO DISCS! Yes, exclusive to this release will be a bonus DVD featuring a humongous 3 HOUR + career-spanning interview with the late, great Ray Lovelock! You won't find this anywhere else. If you are a fan of his, this is a MUST-OWN. Also exclusive to this edition will be a booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by Italian film guru Roberto Curti. The disc itself will have a plethora of other extras, including a brand new commentary by Kat Ellinger and Samm Deighan. Full specs will be announced closer to October.

That's the good news. The only sort-of-bad-news is that this release will be a bit pricier than previous LEs. But only a bit. $28 instead of $25. The other two LEs we are currently prepping will be traditional "red case" releases priced at the usual $25."

Name:  queens-of-evil.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  50.8 KB
    It's because there's a bonus disc (albeit DVD ONLY) with a feature length career spanning interview on it, similar to the Symptoms release.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    October is getting feckin expensive with the Dawn of the Dead set being the big one.
    Yeah, I can't fucking keep up anymore. Sooo much great stuff to get. Also sooo many boring bills that needs prioritizing. :-(
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Full specs!

Directed by Tonino Cervi
    France, Italy, 1970, color 90 minutes,1.85:1/16:9;
    English/French/Italian audio choices
    Starring: Haydee Politoff, Silvia Monti, Evelyn Stewart, Ray Lovelock, Gianni Santuccio, Geraldine Hooper, Guido Alberti

In this dark, gothic fairy tale for adults Ray Lovelock plays David, a lone hippie motorcyclist, cruising the highways, in search of a better world. One night on a lonely mountain road he stops to help out the owner of a Rolls Royce with a flat tyre. The middle aged driver of the car gives David a lecture about responsibility and, unknown to David, punctures the front tyre of his motorbike before driving off. Furious, David gives chase. There is an accident and the car crashes, killing the driver.

Fearing trouble from the police, David heads off down a side road into a dark forest and spends the night in a deserted barn. He is woken the next morning by three beautiful young women who live in a luxurious villa nearby. These three women appear to be toying with David, playing an elaborate and sinister game, involving perplexing rituals and nighttime vigils. The climax of their game takes place at a party in a nearby castle where David appears to be the guest of honor... but for what purpose?

DISC CONTENTS

Region Free
    Brand New 4K Restoration from OCN
    English/French/Italian audio tracks with optional Eng subs
    Archival interview with Ray Lovelock
    Brand new audio commentary by film historians Samm Deighan and Kat Ellinger
    Alternate scenes
    Trailer

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
    1000 numbered copies
    Exclusive slipcover
    Reversible inner sleeve
    Bonus DVD with 3 hour + career spanning interview with Ray Lovelock
    20 page booklet with brand new writing on the film by Roberto Curti
    Set of full color lobby card reproductions
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Name:  qe.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  175.5 KB

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I have a fan-made project of this, complete with case and cover. Really nice work (it was jonny r as I recall). I like the film a lot, but it's probably not for everyone, even those who really dig eurocult. Quite unique and moody, and the women are gorgeous, particularly Haydee Politoff. I'm going to get this one at some point.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Pushed back to 3/9/21.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!