Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Burt Reynolds

R.I.P. Burt Reynolds

A staple of good entertainment back in the day, and a big part of my youth. Cannonball Run and Smokey and the Bandit are among my most watched films, growing up.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

RIP. He was great in "Deliverance" and "Boogie Nights".

Ah shit. Great screen presence, even if many of the films weren't. Particularly loved Deliverance and Boogie Nights, a shame that his negative behaviour meant that he didn't capitalise on that performance.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

He was a guest on Conan a few months ago and he was as sharp and witty as ever, but goddamn he looked frail.

RIP to the legend.

He hasn't looked ok in a while, so I'm not shocked - but am still saddened. Like The Swede, he was a big part of my childhood. I remember seeing both Cannonball run films back to back at the drive-in as a kid.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

RIP.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Ah, no Can't say this was a surprise, as he's looked very unwell for a number of years now, but it's still sad news to hear as, like most of us, I grew up watching his films. I was just thinking about renting or buying THE LAST MOVIE STAR earlier today, strangely enough.

Am I misremembering, or wasn't his ranch razed to the ground after his bankruptcy and rezoned as a residential neighbourhood a few years ago?
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Am I misremembering, or wasn't his ranch razed to the ground after his bankruptcy and rezoned as a residential neighbourhood a few years ago?
    No, you're remembering correctly - but at least he got to cut the ribbon at the opening!

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/l...uyORQkGRViUuL/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

RIP, Burt. A real legend.

I know Burt Reynolds didn't think much about NAVAJO JOE or the director, Sergio Corbucci but I've always enjoyed that flick. He was a real bad ass in that one despite appearing disinterested and having to don that ridiculous looking hair piece. RIP Burt.