Name:  sharp2.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  44.1 KB

Academy Award®-Nominee Amy Adams Stars in
    HBO® Limited Series

SHARP OBJECTS

Available Now for Digital Download
    Arrives on Blu-ray™ and DVD November 27

New York, N.Y., September 10, 2018 – Bring home Sharp Objects today as the eight-episode limited series, based on Gillian Flynn’s (Gone Girl) bestselling novel of the same name, is now available for Digital Download, and comes to Blu-ray™ and DVD on November 27th. Starring five-time Oscar®-nominee Amy Adams (Arrival), the “haunting and riveting” (The Hollywood Reporter) series is directed by Jean-Marc Vallée (HBO’s “Big Little Lies”) and created by Marti Noxon (“Dietland”). The Digital Download, Blu-ray™ and DVD will include an exclusive*, never-before-seen feature showcasing the creation of the fictional town of Wind Gap.

Set in a small town in southern Missouri, Sharp Objects follows troubled journalist Camille Preaker (Adams) as she returns home to investigate the murder of a preteen girl and the disappearance of another. Trying to put together a psychological puzzle from her past, she finds herself identifying with the young victims a bit too closely.

While Adams delivers a “ferocious” (Vox) performance, the “incredible cast…” (Salon) also includes Oscar®-nominee Patricia Clarkson (“House of Cards”), Chris Messina (“The Mindy Project,” Argo), and newcomer Eliza Scanlen. The series is executive produced by Marti Noxon, Jean-Marc Vallée, Amy Adams, Gillian Flynn, Jason Blum, Nathan Ross, Charles Layton, Jessica Rhoades, Gregg Fienberg, Marci Wiseman, and Jeremy Gold. Also written by Marti Noxon, Gillian Flynn, Scott Brown, Dawn Kamoche, Ariella Blejer, and Vince Calandra.

Digital Download Bonus Feature Includes*:
    Creating Wind Gap
    Inside the Mind of Gillian Flynn
    Anatomy of a Scene: Calhoun Day
    Character pieces

Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features Include:
    Creating Wind Gap
    *Extra content is included only with participating partners

Sharp Objects
    Digital Download, Blu-ray, DVD
    Blu-ray & DVD: November 27, 2018
    Rating: TV-MA
    Runtime: Approx. 422 minutes
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I caught this during a random bout of channel surfing and decided to stick with it, very quickly becoming hooked. Terrific southern gothic atmosphere and Amy Adams is super sexy. The finale was perfect. Amazing how much the "small town with secrets" can still work with the right writing/characters.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Luna caliente (Vicente Aranda, 2009)

I saw the debut episode on a weekend with free HBO & thought the show was like a goth soap opera. I do like Amy Adams so would watch it just for her. I like the movie she's in that has a bit of nudity. She starts up a crime scene cleaning business with her sister. I can't remember what the title is.