Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eli Roth's The History Of Horror

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    I don't remember what Jack Black said but it was along the lines of "we're all zombies" or "who are the real zombies?". I have no idea why they'd even talk to him, at all.
    Probably because Roth directed him in the House with a Clock in it's Walls.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Seriously? How does that Nazi march have anything to do with zombies? I'm not surprised they omitted the contributions from the Italians. I could see them skipping the likes of Burial Ground and Nightmare City but to omit Fulci and Michele Soavi's contributions is a slap to the face.
    Why are you surprised? Of course it's going to be mainstream. It's on AMC.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Why are you surprised? Of course it's going to be mainstream. It's on AMC.
    Bravo's 100 scariest movie moments had clips from Fulci, Argento and Bava films. I was thinking there might be a chance.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I could see them skipping the likes of Burial Ground and Nightmare City
    You'll be pleased to know that Roth does indeed mention NIGHTMARE CITY when they're discussing fast zombies, and there's a brief clip. I also spotted two clips from HELL OF THE LIVING DEAD and a couple from the French film THE HORDE.

Well that's something.

Alejandro Jodorowsky

I think the commercial for this series does highlight "The Classics".

I don't remember seeing any clips from N.City or Hell of the Living Dead but, I think, I kinda tuned out when they started discussing 28 Days Later as I didn't care for the film (watching it right now on AMC). It's okay when it's not moving at hyper-speed. I want to see Hell... again. May have to pick up that dbl-feature bd soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    I don't remember seeing any clips from N.City or Hell of the Living Dead but, I think, I kinda tuned out when they started discussing 28 Days Later
    That's the exact segment where the clip for NIGHTMARE CITY was shown. I found it a bit odd (and clumsy) that they failed to mention that RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD also featured running zombies, especially considering that the film was discussed elsewhere in the episode.