Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eli Roth's The History Of Horror

Eli Roth's The History Of Horror

"Executive produced by award-winning horror film director, writer, producer and actor, Eli Roth (“Cabin Fever,” “Hostel”), the documentary series brings together the masters of horror – the storytellers and stars who define the genre – to explore its biggest themes and reveal the inspirations and struggles behind its past and present.

Each one-hour episode will take viewers on a chilling exploration of how horror has evolved through the eras and impacted society, as well as why loyal fans remain addicted to fear. The series features A-list storytellers including Stephen King, Quentin Tarantino, Jordan Peele, Jason Blum, Robert Englund, Linda Blair, Tippi Hedren, Rob Zombie, Haley Joel Osment, Jack Black, John Landis, Jamie Lee Curtis, Elijah Wood, Slash, Catherine Hardwicke, Norman Reedus among many others.

“My wish list for this show came true, I knew these three, and all are incredible storytellers. Mick Garris got the horror directors together for dinners, called the Masters of Horror. As we were losing these guys, we were losing their stories. And I wanted to get these people together, but I also wanted a mix of a lot of different voices. I also want to hear their perspectives of other movies. The fun was Joe Dante talking about other people’s movies.”

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Might be fun like Bravo's 100 Scariest Movie Moments.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oct. 14th, I think? I just saw a commercial for it.

I thought James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction was an enjoyable series, so I'm sure this will be just as good.

First episode was about zombies. Not much anyone hasn't seen before; some of it felt like promo for The Walking Dead & too many political views. Next Sunday is slashers.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    First episode was about zombies. Not much anyone hasn't seen before; some of it felt like promo for The Walking Dead & too many political views. Next Sunday is slashers.
    Any Fulci clips used or was it just Romero focused?

There were a couple clips from Zombie but mainly focused on Night/Dawn/Day plus Shaun of the Dead, TWD, & 28 Days Later. There were some other film clips shown but I can't remember what they were. I kinda stopped paying attention. Nothing was said about the Italians (that I remember). The dumbest thing was ending it with Jack Black blathering to a clip of the 'tiki torch Nazi march'.

I seem to remember reading something about Romero not intending to make any sort of social comment but went with it after it was all said and done...?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    There were a couple clips from Zombie but mainly focused on Night/Dawn/Day plus Shaun of the Dead, TWD, & 28 Days Later. There were some other film clips shown but I can't remember what they were. I kinda stopped paying attention. Nothing was said about the Italians (that I remember). The dumbest thing was ending it with Jack Black blathering to a clip of the 'tiki torch Nazi march'.

I seem to remember reading something about Romero not intending to make any sort of social comment but went with it after it was all said and done...?
    Seriously? How does that Nazi march have anything to do with zombies? I'm not surprised they omitted the contributions from the Italians. I could see them skipping the likes of Burial Ground and Nightmare City but to omit Fulci and Michele Soavi's contributions is a slap to the face.

I don't remember what Jack Black said but it was along the lines of "we're all zombies" or "who are the real zombies?". I have no idea why they'd even talk to him, at all.