Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Eli Roth's The History Of Horror

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    THE FEARMAKERS DVD is another good one that has an hour long focus on each of these directors: Jack Arnold, Tod Browning, William Castle, Roger Corman, Terence Fisher, Tobe Hooper, Roman Polanski, Jacques Tourneur, Roland West, Robert Wise, Stuart Gordon, John Carpenter and Dario Argento.

For Italian directors there's a great documentary on Argento on Blue Undergrounds 2-disc Bird With the Crystal Plumage. And Joe D'Amato Totally Uncut (Parts 1 on Media Blasters 2-disc Images in a Convent, and Part 2 on Anthropophagus)

Flesh and Blood: The Hammer Heritage of Horror is an excellent documentary that covers everything Hammer Horror.
    Joe D'Amato Totally Uncut is a 101 min long doc & to my knowledge it's always been released in 2 parts equating to his horror & erotic stuff. Wish someone would release this UNCUT (ie 1 complete film as intended).

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Good that means it will show up on Shudder soonish.Once I gave up on TWD I stopped watching AMC. Not much need to see the tv edit of Death Wish or Total Recall. And aint like any of their original series are worth a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Good that means it will show up on Shudder soonish.Once I gave up on TWD I stopped watching AMC. Not much need to see the tv edit of Death Wish or Total Recall. And aint like any of their original series are worth a shit.
    AMC was better before they started cropping everything. I was furious when they made a big deal out of the restoration of The Magnificent Seven and the showed it with the sides chopped off!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    AMC was better before they started cropping everything. I was furious when they made a big deal out of the restoration of The Magnificent Seven and the showed it with the sides chopped off!
    AMC is one of the worst channels: the longest commercial breaks, cropped and censored movies and their HD channel looks like 480i at best. I hate when they get exclusive rights to things I want to see because it means I have to watch their sub-par channel.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    AMC is one of the worst channels: the longest commercial breaks, cropped and censored movies and their HD channel looks like 480i at best. I hate when they get exclusive rights to things I want to see because it means I have to watch their sub-par channel.
    I actually was prompted to buy the Blu of Unforgiven because my daughter and I were watching it on AMC and the cropping and breaks made it infuriating.

Pretty much have been avoiding any film on AMC for years now. Use to be they were a decent source for uncut films. But sadly like Sundance and IFC we have lost AMC to the channel rot so many channels have now.