Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Centipede Horror - best available version?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    I guess someone could record a cam from one of the screenings? It might be justified in this situation?
    Most so-called "Public domain" releases are bootlegs but they're being released in the States anyway - this wouldn't be any different. Since the copyright owners wouldn't know about it nobody would care. A bluray off a 35mm print would certainly be an upgrade.
    Last edited by Jack J; 11-20-2019 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Crappy grammar, crappy spelling, I'm tired!

Alamo is doing 'Alamo At Home' during the COVID-19 lockdown, and this week will be streaming Centipede Horror with a transfer taken from the only known 35mm print in exsitence.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2020/03...ird-wednesdays
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Alamo is doing 'Alamo At Home' during the COVID-19 lockdown, and this week will be streaming Centipede Horror with a transfer taken from the only known 35mm print in exsitence.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2020/03...ird-wednesdays
    Don't even need to sneak in a cam for this situation.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Don't even need to sneak in a cam for this situation.
    Maintaining a routine is a good way to maintain mental health in these trying times!

WAuw! How does this work? Do you have to be a member or is it pay per film? CAn you download it?
    I don't assume AGFA are going to release the film on bluray?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack J View Post
    WAuw! How does this work? Do you have to be a member or is it pay per film? CAn you download it?
    I don't assume AGFA are going to release the film on bluray?
    It’s pay per film. All you need is a Vimeo account and you can “rent” the movie for a week to watch it VOD.

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    It’s pay per film. All you need is a Vimeo account and you can “rent” the movie for a week to watch it VOD.
    Thanks, 47lab. I've just rented it. It seems my usual Vimeo downlaoder won't save it, they probably have some extra anti dl thingy.

Yeah you have to dig through all the pages source code to dl it , I was able to find it .

I saw this again, 2 and a half times now because the last time was about a month or so ago and I fell asleep half way through. I originally saw this well over a decade ago now. The transfer looked great but was taken from a print with burnt in white subtitles. Luckily, very rarely was it difficult to read the subs.

As for the movie, it's very slow. Not much in the way of gore too. It's cool that it exists though. There's very few, if any other, killer centipede movies out there. And here's one that also introduces Asian black magic. Neat. I don't need to buy this or see it for the 4th time.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

I rented the film and the print looks great. I've seen the film a handful of times on bootleg dvd throughout the years, and it was cool to watch it from a newly scanned 35mm print. The subs were the original burnt-in HK subs but they were alright. Someone mentioned this on fb, the fact that the colours looked somewhat odd in some scenes, and yes I agree; the colours looked kind of faded. Colour correction would have been good but other than that I have no complaints. I hope we'll see a bluray some day.