Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr. Vampire

As upscales go, Fortune Star do them very well. Far better than your average jagged looking German upscale. If you can get them cheap enough, there's no real HD version out there and you can live with the audio remixes they're worth buying.

Personally, I'm hoping that the John Woo heroic bloodshed movies and A Chinese Ghost Story get proper (English friendly) HD releases soon. I'm holding off getting the 4k remaster BD of A Better Tomorrow in the hope that Eureka do a box set. I may be in the minority but I like the 2nd and 3rd ones.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    I suppose this is why Blu-ray quality would probably be wasted on me, as those pics look fantastic to my eyes!
    Reminds me a bit of one of my movie watching buddies who absolutely refuses to buy a blu ray player or upgrade his old TV. He's not a luddite or anything but he claims he doesn't want to be held hostage by the big media conglomerates into buying all his dvd/vhs titles over again.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    Reminds me a bit of one of my movie watching buddies who absolutely refuses to buy a blu ray player or upgrade his old TV. He's not a luddite or anything but he claims he doesn't want to be held hostage by the big media conglomerates into buying all his dvd/vhs titles over again.
    I feel sorry for him, it must really suck to have no individual will or agency when it comes to buying things!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    I feel sorry for him, it must really suck to have no individual will or agency when it comes to buying things!
    I resemble that remark!
    VHS will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    They look way better than the shitty old DVD I had too, but compared to a properly remastered disc from a new scan and all that fun stuff, it's lacking.

But it is MUCH better than what I had before.
    I'm not sure what DVD I own, since most of the writing on the sleeve is Chinese. And the title actually reads MR WAMPIRE on the front and back of the case.
    VHS will never die!

I remember watching Mr Vampire 2 on TV one Christmas with my old man. I think he secretly enjoyed it, his only comment was 'what fucking idiot wrote that?'.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.