Thread: Friday the 13th Part III in 3D

Friday the 13th Part III in 3D

I know I'm in the minority but I still love 3D movies. The first one I saw was Friday the 13th Part III. I saw it twice when it was first released in 1982 and it was the start an obsession for me.

Long story short, I have been waiting less than patiently for Paramount to release a proper Blu-ray 3D but it seems it will never happen.

I watched a fan produced copy today that looks fantastic... the best I've seen since watching it in the theatre! If anyone here has a 3D tv and is interested in seeing it, pm me and I will give details on how to acquire it.

I don't have a 3D TV but I'm curious what process the fan made version uses?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm a fan of Friday the 13th Pt. III in 3-D, too. I'd watch it with my comic book 3-D glasses like I did The Mask, which, looked pretty good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    It's side by side. Those without a 3D TV can watch it in anaglyph with the appropriate software player (Bino).

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I'm not sure what source material was used for this but awhile back I ripped the DVD from the "Ultimate Edition DVD Collection" and the "Deluxe Edition" DVD (one was sourced from the left camera and the other from the right camera) and tried to do my own 3D edition. I finally gave up after getting a handful of scenes done. WAY too difficult and time consuming for me.

The copy I am posting about is an 11.6gb side by side 3D mkv. He may have done the same thing using the two dvds but I'm not sure. In some of the scenes the reds don't quiet match up but I'm not complaining. Who ever is responsible did an outstanding job! Since Paramount doesn't seem to be interested in releasing a proper Blu-ray 3D this is probably the best 3D presentation we will ever get for this movie. In my opinion it looks way better than the official Jaws 3 Blu-ray 3D!

Here is a link to some screenshots someone posted:
    https://m.imgur.com/a/yezkgPz

Anthony