Thread: Spooky Encounters / Encounters Of The Spooky Kind

Spooky Encounters / Encounters Of The Spooky Kind

Just ordered this Blu a few days ago. Haven't seen this in years and am excited to revisit it as I remember really enjoying it last time I checked it out.

Name:  616EK7FgnUL._SX342_.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  43.4 KB

It's a Fortune Star release so I won't be shocked if it is an upscale but I didn't own the DVD already and it was cheap, so I'll live with that until a better option comes along.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080827/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The biggest travesty is that blu ray doesn't have the original mono audio. Those fake effects are annoying as hell. I'll stick to my HKL dvd. I'd even buy a used copy over this FS upscaled crap.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

Those Fortune Star blu's are sometimes not the best but dammit I do love them and own over 50 of them. Probably will get them all eventually, as the dvd's of the same film is harder to find. Spooky Encounters is a fun film.

the dvd's of the same film is harder to find
    That's just it. The Blu-rays are not amazing, I realize this, but at this point in the game they are much easier to get and sometimes less expensive.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

You guys can consider yourselves blessed if you are able to enjoy these BDs. For many people like me, and probably 47lab as well, these BDs are vastly inferior to the old DVD releases. That is of course due to the horrifying new audio mixes, and especially the new sound effects that replace the films' original sound effects, on the BDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Takuma View Post
    You guys can consider yourselves blessed if you are able to enjoy these BDs. For many people like me, and probably 47lab as well, these BDs are vastly inferior to the old DVD releases. That is of course due to the horrifying new audio mixes, and especially the new sound effects that replace the films' original sound effects, on the BDs.
    I probably never noticed cause I watch most films at night and have the audio usually pretty quiet.

Some screen caps from the Blu-ray... no surprises here in terms of quality.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Watched the disc all the way through last night and yeah, the added sound effects are annoying. Didn't take me completely out of the movie, but I did notice them.

Also, funny that the trailer included on the Blu-ray uses music from The Shining.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!