Thread: Shout! Factory Releasing The Body Snatcher

Shout! Factory Releasing The Body Snatcher

**NEW TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT**

Horror legends Boris Karloff, Bela Legosi and Val Lewton teamed up in 1945 to shock audiences with THE BODY SNATCHER. And we have it arriving on Blu-ray next year on March 26th!

Screen icon Boris Karloff plays the title role in the Val Lewton adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's The Body Snatcher, directed with subtle calculation by versatile Robert Wise (West Side Story, The Sound of Music). A doctor (Henry Daniell, The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake) needs cadavers for medical studies and Karloff is willing to provide them ... one way or another. The film also features a wonderful supporting performance by fellow horror icon Bela Lugosi.

Extras are in progress and will be announced on a later date.

Pre-order THE BODY SNATCHER now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...roduct_id=7009

Name:  47254930_1370642006406140_5487114294539583488_n.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  50.8 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

This is a no brainer for me. Now if we could get a cleaned up I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE, I'd be even happier.
    "Freddie's on the corner now. If you wanna be a junkie wow!"

As good as Curse of the Cat People and this one are, they're not the gems in the Val Lewton oeuvre. Are Warners just throwing them the scraps, or are they teasing us, with the big hitters to come? The Seventh Victim, Isle of the Dead and I Walked with a Zombie would be better titles to release in my opinion. Shame Warners gave Cat People to Criterion and split the collection up. Maybe that's a good thing though, if Criterion put out a complete set I'd probably never be able to afford it.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.