Thread: Leaving Neverland Coming To HBO

Leaving Neverland Coming To HBO

This will probably be grim.

"After debuting at the Sundance Film Festival later this month, Dan Reed’s just-announced Michael Jackson documentary “Leaving Neverland” has locked a spring broadcast date with HBO and Channel 4. The four-hour-long project was a late addition to the festival, which only announced its inclusion yesterday afternoon. The cable outlets co-produced the documentary from the award-winning filmmaker behind HBO’s own “Terror” series, and it’s been billed as a series told in a pair of two-hour segments, not one four-hour-long feature film.

The project centers on “two men who recount their experiences of being sexually abused by Michael Jackson.” After the project was added to the festival lineup, the Estate of Michael Jackson released a statement that read, in part, “This is yet another lurid production in an outrageous and pathetic attempt to exploit and cash in on Michael Jackson. … This so-called ‘documentary’ is just another rehash of dated and discredited allegations. It’s baffling why any credible filmmaker would involve himself with this project.”"

More here:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/01/le...bo-1202034295/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Interesting to see the reaction to this since it was released - lots of backlash against MJ, etc.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/m...cy-1203159023/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Plenty of people still willing to defend him though. The Jackson family's attempts to maximise the income from his estate are nauseating, they weren't there so they should just shut the fuck up and entertain the possibility that their beloved cash cow was a paedo. I found the testimony of those two to be very believable, they (and their families) must be amazing actors if they're lying. I have complete contempt for those two mothers though. No one's that naive. They threw their own kids under a bus for fame, money, property and career aspirations.

This is getting a UK Blu Ray release, but I'm not sure it's something that most people will want to rewatch.
    Last edited by agent999; 03-11-2019 at 11:38 AM.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Good article I read in Forbes that casts some factual light on the makers of the doc. Don't have a link handy, but it was a worthy read.