Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chucky / Child's Play Series Coming To SyFy

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Name:  chucky.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  75.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Rock! Shock! Pop!

This premieres in Canada Oct. 19 at 10 PM on Showcase.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Something weird in episode 3: they censored one of Chucky's lines near the end. It was blanked out on USA/SyFy and Showcase. People are speculating that he said "cunt" and that wouldn't really surprise me if it got cut in this day and age. Still ridiculous considering no other swearing has been censored yet.

So apparently the censored line was: "You fucking little cunt bag."

Oh, Chucky...

I watched the first few minutes of episode 1 on YouTube. There was an extended version of that so that's what I started to watch. I haven't seen all the sequels to "Child's Play" so I was a bit confused. It seems Chucky has been killed numerous times but still comes back in some convoluted way. Well, I couldn't identify with the main character, a 13 year old boy who collects dolls and makes some bizarre sculpture from them. He seems to be gay, and I'm not, so I couldn't relate to that either. But what made me stop watching was the bus scene. What dumbass 13 year old brings a doll on a school bus? Of course there was kids laughing and throwing things at him. A very 1980s scripted scene replayed in 2021. If I were on that bus and saw a boy carrying a doll, I'd laugh at him too. And why did Chucky kill the boy's cat? That's pretty mean-spirited even for Chucky. I guess this series is not for me. At least I got to watch the little bit I saw for free on YouTube.

Rock! Shock! Pop!