Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Horror Movie Locations

It will probably seem passé to those living in Europe, but I love watching any movie whose setting is a castle in that part of the world, even if the film itself isn't great.
    VHS will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
    It will probably seem passé to those living in Europe, but I love watching any movie whose setting is a castle in that part of the world, even if the film itself isn't great.
    I love a good castle, especially if it's ruined or partly-ruined. I visit them all the time with my children but they never become passe or old hat, whether in films or not; they're such evocative locations because of their connection to history.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Castles! Of course. Great settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    THE FLESH AND BLOOD SHOW and OUT OF SEASON.

Decrepit coastal towns of any nationality work for me (as I grew up in one, perhaps). Eg, LORNA THE EXORCIST, DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS.
    Argh! How could I forget The Flesh and Blood Show! Love that one (and I really need to pick up that Redemption Blu-ray!).

Just out of curiosity, what coastal town would that be Paul?

Something about Canada makes me interested in horror movies set there. Not sure why, but BLACK CHRISTMAS? THE INCUBUS? RABID or VIDEODROME (or any early Cronenberg really)? TERROR TRAIN? MY BLOODY VALENTINE? I love Canadian horror. It's not even a particularly spooky place. The only two places I've ever been that really struck me as occasionally spooky are New Orleans and Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Deltoid View Post
    Argh! How could I forget The Flesh and Blood Show! Love that one (and I really need to pick up that Redemption Blu-ray!).

Just out of curiosity, what coastal town would that be Paul?
    Cleethorpes, of all places
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    horror movies shot in abandoned hospitals
    In this regard, I am particularly fond of WARLOCK MOON (the "spa" was an old TB ward) and THE DEAD PIT.

I'm with you 100% on Dead Pit but have not seen Warlock Moon...
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Any location that was abandoned or hardly anyone is around or in a desolate area: houses, castles, factories, etc.

Also, in the woods.
    Last edited by Keeth; 02-02-2019 at 09:13 PM.