Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbine Releasing Cronenberg's Crash

Turbine Releasing Cronenberg's Crash

Source.

"The original negatives were shipped from Canada to Germany to be scanned in 4K. For this new 4K master, a new color conforming and approval was done by Peter Suschitzky (Director of Photography).

Release Date is scheduled to be at springtime 2019.

More infos will follow once more details emerge."

The same thread above offers details on the transfers and the possibility of a UHD release.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hooo-lee sheep shit !!!! I've waited forever for this. One of the more interesting Cronenberg's before he went shit.

Yay, Deborah Kara Unger sexy time in HD!
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Apparently, they also plan to port over the stellar Cronenberg commentary from the Criterion Laserdisc.

I saw this when it came out. Underrated Cronenberg IMHO. I might bite on the Turbine blu ray, but I have a feeling Arrow Films will release it in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaibatan View Post
    Apparently, they also plan to port over the stellar Cronenberg commentary from the Criterion Laserdisc.
    Excellent! I still have the Criterion LaserDisc, which I kept for the extras and the sound mix which, IIRC, was much more impactful (pardon the poor joke) on the LD than the slightly anaemic 5.1 mix on the DVD release.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
    Excellent! I still have the Criterion LaserDisc, which I kept for the extras and the sound mix which, IIRC, was much more impactful (pardon the poor joke) on the LD than the slightly anaemic 5.1 mix on the DVD release.
    Mine succumbed to laser rot.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Having read the book recently, I'm amazed that Cronenberg was able to adapt it as faithfully as he was. It's still not one I want to revisit, but kudos to him. I loved History of Violence and Eastern Promises, but his last one didn't do much for me.

It's not really underrated Cronenberg. It's probably unanimously considered his best non-horror film.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

I've seen the film a couple of times & liked most of it. Definitely would love to see it again.

Wouldn't mind reading the book again, too. Will have to about digging through boxes for it. RE/Search was my first exposure to JG Ballard.

I have a UK first edition of Ballard's Crash, minus dust jacket so probably worthless. I picked it up a few months before the film came out (from a church book sale no less!) and read it in one bemused session. I thought there was no way he could film that, and I actually enjoy the film far more than the book. I saw this on its first day at a central London cinema just outside the jurisdiction of Westminster council (who banned it). There were TV cameras outside when it finished interviewing the punters.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.