Thread: Arrow Releasing In The Aftermath

Arrow Releasing In The Aftermath

Name:  d7e758c6-3d17-4b22-b041-abf0be62231e.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  53.3 KB

https://arrowfilms.com/product-detai...lu-ray/FCD1878

Following in the footsteps of Francis Ford Coppola and Peter Bogdanovich, Roger Corman protégé Carl Colpaert (The Crew) made his directorial debut by combining repurposed excerpts from a foreign film – in this case, Mamoru Oshii’s (Ghost In The Shell) spellbinding 1985 anime Angel’s Egg – with new live action footage shot in America. The result is In The Aftermath, a haunting post-apocalyptic vision like no other.

In a radiation-soaked wasteland, two surviving soldiers, Frank and Goose, search for essential supplies amid the rubble. After a violent confrontation, Frank is haunted by visions of an angelic young girl holding a giant egg, herself a refugee from another world altogether. Could the egg be the key to saving both their worlds?

A unique mash-up of 1980s B-movie nuclear paranoia and hauntingly lyrical animation, In The Aftermath is presented in a stunning new restoration that highlights Oshii’s visionary genius and Colpaert’s low-budget ingenuity.

SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:

Brand new 2K restoration from original film elements, exclusively restored by Arrow Films
    Presented on High Definition Blu-ray (1080p)
    Original uncompressed stereo PCM audio
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
    The Path To Aftermath, a newly filmed interview with producer Tom Dugan
    Apocalypse Then, a newly filmed interview with star Tony Markes
    Before The Aftermath: The Influence of Angel’s Egg, a new appreciation of Mamoru Oshii’s original film by anime expert Andrew Osmond (author of Arrow Books’ Ghost In The Shell)
    Still and poster gallery
    Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Corey Brickley
    FIRST PRESSING ONLY: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Jon Towlson

Production Year: 1988
    Region Code: B
    UK Rating: PG
    Running Time: 72
    Number of Discs: 1
    Language: English
    Subtitles: English SDH
    Audio: 2.0 stereo
    Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
    Colour: Colour
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

A Code Red title from Arrow???!

I like this one for some reason, but not enough to upgrade from the Code Red. I would have if Angel's Egg itself was on it.

Very odd choice for Arrow considering how badly it has been received in the past.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    I like this one for some reason, but not enough to upgrade from the Code Red. I would have if Angel's Egg itself was on it.

Very odd choice for Arrow considering how badly it has been received in the past.
    The Japanese blu of Angel’s Egg is beautiful and reasonably priced on Amazon japan. My daughter bought it last summer. No English on the disc, but the movie only has about 12 lines of dialog that aren’t just someone saying “What?l

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    The Japanese blu of Angel’s Egg is beautiful and reasonably priced on Amazon japan. My daughter bought it last summer. No English on the disc, but the movie only has about 12 lines of dialog that aren’t just someone saying “What?l
    Thanks, I'll take a look next time I make an order from Japan. There are a few titles I want to get from there, such as Hammer's The Abominable Snowman which no other country seems to be in a rush to release.
    Last edited by agent999; 02-28-2019 at 10:14 PM.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Arrow is going to be releasing this in the US in September.