Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dark Force releasing Gates of Hell!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by anthony1138 View Post
    Agreed. At least it'll be an option for anyone who missed out on the Arrow limited release.
    That's me.
    And the caps on the Arrow did not exactly make me cry I missed out.

Walt rejected a scan ( what Arrow used possibly? I have no idea )
    but commissioned a new 4k which could easily best the existing scans.

Scorpion has had a relatively small handful of Blu's with issues.
    All publishers do, it goes with the territory.

Personally really glad Scorpion is giving the film another scan and release.

Doubling down on Scorpion's scan / transfer / encode having no shot at coming out on top is silly & without any factual justification.

The Dark Force release you can bank on being disappointing

"BLOCKBUSTER NEWS!! You are looking at the inside of the telecine bay at Fotokem where the Demon and our top technician worked on the transfer and restoration on the US theatrical print for THE GATES OF HELL late Thursday night in Los Angeles. Here’s the great news!! This US 35mm print we uncovered is incredible! The colors and contrast are so rich it looks like I.B. Tech!! And truly has that nostalgic drive-in feel and best of all THE GATES OF HELL main titles. Guaranteed this one will feature a whole different look and feel than previous releases. We are super excited about this and stay tuned for more explosive news on our huge #6 (666) Dark Force Drive-In release:
    darkforcesuperstore.com"

Name:  54526040_347025275919350_2798355292822175744_n.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  11.1 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by John Bernhard View Post
    That's me.
    And the caps on the Arrow did not exactly make me cry I missed out.

Walt rejected a scan ( what Arrow used possibly? I have no idea )
    but commissioned a new 4k which could easily best the existing scans.

Scorpion has had a relatively small handful of Blu's with issues.
    All publishers do, it goes with the territory.

Personally really glad Scorpion is giving the film another scan and release.

Doubling down on Scorpion's scan / transfer / encode having no shot at coming out on top is silly & without any factual justification.

The Dark Force release you can bank on being disappointing
    I like COTLD enough that I'd pick up Scorpion's release if it nudges out the Arrow. I think if it ends up being a little bit more colorful then I'd buy again. It will just depend on comparisons & whatever else is out I need at the time plus if I've finally broken down and bought that all reg bd player.

Anyone want to take bets that DF's release will be shorter than The Gates of Hell US theatrical cut and include unadvertised VHS inserts?