Thread: The Collected Pulp Horror

The Collected Pulp Horror

I received this today. It's a collection of the first three issues of Pulp Horror which documents horror fiction. Lots of cool cover art images plus interviews with Guy N Smith, Michel Parry, Robert Lory; reviews of books; articles on Charles Birkin, John Blackburn, AE Van Vogt and more. "Slime Beasts! Devils Kisses! Satan's Spawn! Bug-Eyed Monsters!"

Flipping through it, the only book I own pictured is "Spawn of Satan" by Charles Birkin. I'll be checking eBay for cheap copies of whatever looks cool.

Also purchased this from an eBay dealer for less than $7 shipped so well worth it.

It's actually cheaper on Amazon if you can get enough for the free shipping, or with Prime.

They also have a number of companion magazines, SLEAZY READER, MEN OF VIOLENCE, HOT LEAD and PULP HORROR. All are fun to look at and read. Since it's a UK magazine, most of the covers are from the British editions but they were often more colourful then the US editions.

SLEAZY READER, MEN OF VIOLENCE, HOT LEAD and PULP HORROR

Ugh, more stuff I'll want to spend money on...

If you don't already have it, you'd probably also like Paperbacks From Hell : The Twisted History of 70s and 80s Horror Fiction by Grady Hendrix. I found a bunch of stuff to track down after I read that one.
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.