Page 342 of 342 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342
Results 3,411 to 3,416 of 3416

Thread: What are you watching?

Bloodshot
    Another comic book movie. Yay! :-/ Vin Diesel stays failing outside of the FF universe.
    Incredibly "meh!" on all fronts. The always solid Guy Pearce slums for a paycheck and
    the rest of the cast are a bunch of boring no name "actor" persons I could give two shits
    about. I still fail to see the appeal of Vin Diesel. He's fucking terrible and looks like someone
    inflated Verne Troyer and put him on a diet of gravel and steroids for 6 months.

Kill Chain
    Middling but okay-ish hitmen holed up in a rinky dink hotel tosh. Nic Cage is the biggest
    name here and my sole reason for even checking it out. Sadly he does no trolling. Still I was
    entertained for its duration so worth a watch at least.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Quote Originally Posted by Nabonga View Post
    Bloodshot
    Another comic book movie. Yay! :-/ Vin Diesel stays failing outside of the FF universe.
    Incredibly "meh!" on all fronts. The always solid Guy Pearce slums for a paycheck and
    the rest of the cast are a bunch of boring no name "actor" persons I could give two shits
    about. I still fail to see the appeal of Vin Diesel. He's fucking terrible and looks like someone
    inflated Verne Troyer and put him on a diet of gravel and steroids for 6 months.

Kill Chain
    Middling but okay-ish hitmen holed up in a rinky dink hotel tosh. Nic Cage is the biggest
    name here and my sole reason for even checking it out. Sadly he does no trolling. Still I was
    entertained for its duration so worth a watch at least.
    Is Bloodshot on any streaming service? I wanted to see it but thought it was suppose to hit theaters recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Newt Cox View Post
    Is Bloodshot on any streaming service? I wanted to see it but thought it was suppose to hit theaters recently.
    Youtube and Amazon are your best bet.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

It leaked in certain places. :-)

Operation White Shark
    Poverty row eurospy shenanigans. To be honest, I was waaay too tired when I was watching this
    so I might've dozed off a couple of times. Anyway, it stars some guy named Rod Dana I've never
    heard of. The only reason I watched this was because Janine Reynaud is in it and I love her to bits.
    Sadly, not even she can save this boring drek. The plot (what I grasped of it, since I was barely awake
    at times) had something to do with a nuclear device that could end all life. The Dana dude was tasked
    to stop the evil organization from doing evil things with it. That's about it. Lame actiony eurospy stuff
    ensues. I think the copy I watched was some beat up old VHS rip because it looked atrocious and sounded
    like you were under water listening the whole time.

The Wizard
    While the NES was all the rage growing up I never managed to see this as a kid. Kid me would've thought it
    was the best movie ever. Almost 38 year old me thinks it's a slice of heartwarming nostalgia. I spent countless
    hours playing all the games featured and while I was never a wiz at gaming I knew kids who were and they did
    enjoy a certain status from it. This film is one giant video game commercial but the film around it works surprisingly
    well. Very fun film I'll definitely pick up somewhere down the line.

Underwater
    Holy hell, this was a pleasant surprise! I enjoyed this way more than I expected to. Atmosphere is on point, the
    creatures are creepy and the film is refreshingly devoid of forced agenda pushing if you disregard some of the dialogue
    about mans affect on nature (which I don't necessarily disagree with in this case). This is about people stuck in a shit
    situation and trying to solve it through teamwork. I like K-Stew. Always have. Sure, she's not the best actress in the world
    but she's very watchable and does good here. This movie was shelved for three years and I don't understand why. I've seen
    infinitely worse in my day.

Vivarium
    A pretentious anti-family screed. Hollow and boring. Imogen Poots cute as fuck doe.
    Last edited by Nabonga; 03-30-2020 at 04:59 AM.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

The Lady Of Burlesque (1943). Barbara Stanwyk starring in a murder mystery in a burlesque house based on a book called The G-String Mruders ("I can think of two things wrong with that title") by Gypsy Rose Lee. How can you go wrong? Well not much goes right. There's not a lot of mystery but there sure is a lot of brassy dames shrieking at each other, some terrible comedy routines and the censorship of the day ensures no g-strings. Censorship though doesn't excuse the lack of murders. It felt like about an hour before the first one. I sat around for another ten minutes or so hoping that that was the one that set the dominos falling but nope. Just more shouting. Kind of interesting to see the scale of a burlesque show back in those days assuming the crowd shots are at an actual grindhouse.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Tobe Hooper's Eaten Alive. I watched it on Youtube (yeah, I know) and I didn't realize that I accidentally had another movie play in the background with lower volume as I was watching Eaten Alive. That was Necromentia (2009) which just added to the bizarre soundtrack for Hooper's film.

It's no Texas Chainsaw but it's pretty interesting slice of down south mayhem. It's a movie I'd like to see a remake of TBQH. And no one mention Jim Van Bebber's ill-fated Gator Green.

Hooper needed to do more psychotic southerner movies. There's only the two Chainsaw films, Eaten Alive and The Funhouse.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.