Page 324 of 330 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3294

Thread: What are you watching?

Office Uprising
    Office workers drink energy drinks laced with bath salts and go on an ape shit murderous rage. A slacker accountant worker has to step up and save the day. Also his co-worker crush drank half a can, before he had time to warn her of what was going on and switches back and forth from normalcy and murderous rage so they gotta watch out for her as they try to find a solution. This is like Office Space Of The "Dead". Nothing fantastic or really bad. Just a decent enough time on a lazy boring day. The leading man looks like a Team America-puppet which cracked me up more than the film itself (dang bro, get those eye brows under control). So yeah... It's aight I guess. Watched it mostly for Jane Levy cuz she's hella cute.

The Stone Killer
    It took quite a few watches for this to click with me but I think it finally did. Charles Bronson stumbles upon a mob hit plot and tries to piece the puzzle together in time to stop a revenge massacre from taking place. Efficient directing from Michael Winner and Bronson is Bronson. Some cool scenes in here and the mob hit is chaotic and vicious. I'm glad I own this. The Mill Creek foursome is decent. I owned the Indicator disc previously but I don't love it that much so this budget disc works just fine.

2 Lava 2 Lantula
    I love Steve Guttenberg. There, i said it. Always have. I think it's because of all those great Police Academy movies I watched religiously as a kid. I was absolutely fascinated by Michael Winslow too and annoyed the hell out of my parents and sister trying to mimic all the sounds he made in those films. Anyway, this is a fun sequel to a fun part one. This is goofy schlock through and through and I love it. Tons of fun movie references and a nice send up of egomaniac movie stars who begrudgingly have to save the world. I would love to see them do a third one.
    Last edited by Nabonga; 04-19-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

MY DINNER WITH ANDRE - I think most people here are familiar with this movie and what it is. It's fascinating if you're in the right mood, but it's obviously not for everyone. The thing I wanted to mention is about the end credits: I really couldn't believe my eyes when the credit "additional production services provided by TROMA, INC." came up on the screen but, sure enough, it's followed by "production manager - Lloyd Kaufmann"! So great to think that only a few years later he'd unleash THE TOXIC AVENGER.

Rififi En La Ciudad
    Solid fucking movie! Franco does noir. There are so many cool shots in this. He nailed those night club numbers like a son of a gun. That awesome title sequence though! Very entertaining film with good actors. He cannot direct action for shit however. There's a night club shootout that's just a directorial mess. Was it just pure disinterest or inability? I'd love to see this on blu-ray some day.

Let's Kill Uncle
    VERY flawed black comedy. Remove Nigel Green and this would be unwatchable. Goddamn that guy could steal a film effortlessly. Too bad he possibly killed himself.

Some Disney channel Zombie kids camp movie. Bunked I think is the name of it.

I've just finished rewatched the NZ horror heavy metal comedy DEATHGASM. I was as entertained as the first time I watched it at the Bloody Weekend horror film festival in 2015. On OZ bluray. The director is into HM and the basic plotline is from his own growing up as one of only two HM kids in a small town. On the bluray he talks about a possible sequel.

Escape Plan: I liked this more when it was called Lock Up. I did like Schwarzenegger quoting Nietzsche.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

EVOLVER - This is a pretty fun forgotten '90s sci-fi flick concerning a killer robot. It's from the director of THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. The premise is ridiculous (a company holds a contest where the winner gets a fully-functional robot delivered to their home) but once you get past it, there's plenty of entertainment to be had. The robot talks throughout the movie, and I nearly shit when during the end credits I saw who voiced Evolver: none other than W.H. Macy, better known as William H.! This was a year before FARGO but he'd already appeared in a couple of David Mamet's films.

The Devil You Know
    Poor murder "mystery" mother daughter bitch fest. Only watched this for Lena Olin because she's awesome.
    Boring Rosamund Pike is also in it. Filmed in 2005 but shelved until 2013 (that explains baby faced Jennifer
    Lawrence in a nothing wordless bit part). I could be wrong but methinks the director has watched some Argento.
    Some of the camera work and the beginning gave me Opera vibes. Pretty shit film but Olin looks amazing as usual.

This Gun For Hire
    Alan Ladd grabs the chance for movie stardom by the balls in this great film noir classic. Veronica Lake provides great
    support (this is their best collab) as well as the great Laird Cregar. Marc Lawrence shows up in a fun part. Well shot, cool,
    gripping, fun and surprisingly dark at times. I love this film a lot.

Meet Wally Sparks
    I had this downloaded, just sitting on my desktop. I'd completely forgotten what it even was or
    who was in it or what it was about. I was bored this morning after work and thought, eh... what the hell, so
    I put it on. As soon as Rodney Dangerfields ugly mug popped up I thought it's gotta be at least halfway decent.
    And it was. I had lots of fun with this film. Very silly but almost everything works beautifully. I miss Rodney.
    The film also has a peak hotness Debi Mazar which helps (always did have a thing for her). Fun flick I wouldn't
    mind seeing on blu-ray.

Avengement
    Decent 90 minute beat em up. I still don't quite get Scott Adkins
    to be honest. Great martial artist but severely charisma handicapped.
    Hey, if it keeps the dtv action genre going, god bless... I guess. I had
    to give up on eating candy while watching because I couldn't understand
    half of what they were saying. Lots of thick british dialogue in this. I don't
    love it nor hate it but it's very decent b movie fodder. Certainly better than
    anything JCVD, Dolph or Stallone has shat out lately.

Sorceress
    Not top tier Wynorski but pretty decent soft core witchcraft shenanigans.
    I started zoning out after an hour so something was definitely lacking. I
    normally love Wynorski's output. Minus ponts for Linda Blair not getting nekkid.

Adult Life Skills
    Calculated (almost to the point of becoming annoying) indie quirk about coping
    with loss and not moving on. But it's not all bad. They could've shaved off 10
    minutes and I would've liked it more. It's ok at best. I'll never watch it again.
    Last edited by Nabonga; 05-26-2019 at 05:07 PM.