Page 1 of 318 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

What are you watching?

My wife is asleep and having a work related dream in which she's telling kids to sit down and be quiet.

This isn't stopping me from watching Cronos on Blu-ray. I'm not a huge G. Del Toro fan but I like this movie. Fucked up fairy tale vibe, Ron Perlman, Mexican character actors, a bit of blood and kind of a weird Jodo-Rainbow Thief thing going on in the visuals.

It's smart, it's got style, it looks amazing in HD, and it's pretty atmospheric.

Flattery and foreplay Ian Miller's Avatar
    Just got Comcast at the house, and wouldn't you know it: MY box is the faulty one! Will be swapping it out tomorrow A.M., but last night my bro and I had a "penned by Elmore Leonard" Western double-feature consisting of HOMBRE (which I'd never seen, Richard Boone is the shizzy!) and JOE KIDD (which I hadn't seen in a long while, what a cast of baddies!). You gotta love On Demand!

That's pretty sweet. I watched Death of a Snowman the other day and am finishing off a review for it - it's not as gleefully trashy as I had hoped but it definitely has its moments.

Finally saw The Town and really enjoyed it - something about nihilistic heist movies that appeals to me...

Watched Salt last night and was surprised I liked it more than I thought I would - Bourne or Shooter meets Telefon. Not great but watchable.

I just got Salt the other day and kinda threw it in the 'I don't care' pile. It's worth a watch then? I never would have thought Telefon and I liked the Bourne movies and Shooter enough.

Yeah, give it a shot - it moves along nicely so Jolie doesn't get too annoying. And it's easy to figure out the plot turns early on but she's actually good as an action star in this. And Liev Schreiber's always good - even if he's in mediocre or crap.

I watched Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw the other night. Lynda Carter's boobs great...movie dumb...

Started watching The Five Deadly Venoms today. Need to finish it though.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

I threw in the POLICE ACADEMY SE this morning on DVD and flipped the commentary on. That movie still cracks me up, and it's fun to see Toronto when it was dirty dirty dirty.