Page 336 of 338 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338 LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3371

Thread: What are you watching?

Stan & Ollie (2018) A well done film. Sentimental. Steve Coogan is very good as Stan Laurel. John C. Reilly is remarkable as Oliver Hardy.

Texas CHainsaw-Figured I should give this a rewatch. Haven't seen it since it hit home video. Hulu has it and so far it isn't horrible.

SHOCKER - I loved this when I was a kid and probably watched it 10 times. I hadn't seen it in years and, holy shit, is it ever a turkey. It was obviously intended as a comic horror film, but it's mostly just embarrassing. It's no wonder that Peter Berg moved on to directing, because his performance here is awful (although, to be fair, he was effective in THE LAST SEDUCTION - playing a really dumb guy). This is just an incredible mess, but I have to admit that it's never boring (like other Craven stinkbombs DEADLY BLESSING and HILLS HAVE EYES II).
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Ford vs. Ferrari AKA Le Mans ยด66

Movie of 2019 for me thus far. Just all around excellent.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Just finished 10 to Midnight. High Anxietyvis starting right now & last night was Battle for the Lost Planet and Mutant Wars. Also watched some of Brazil but fell asleep during some of it.

Desperate Measures
    It's easy to forget how outrageously charismatic and magnetic Michael Keaton really is. He really shines here as a psycho killer who agrees to give a cops son bone marrow but then escapes at the hospital. And the chase is on. Andy garcia can often be a little hammy but he's alright here. The film doesn't really make sense. Ok, you can't kill him but why don't you just kneecap the sunovabitch and drag his ass back to the hospital? Despite that this is exciting stuff.

Primal
    Prime Nic Cage cheese. I loved the hell out of this. Bad CGI animals are let loose on a cargo ship. Oh, and the NSA or some such agency is transporting a deranged super assassin black ops guy who also gets loose. Fun stuff. Famke Janssen seems to have dialled back the plastic surgery somewhat. In that shitty Travolta movie she looked hella creepy and weird. She still looks weird. Just not outrageously so. I'm buying this when it hits the bargain bin. Nicolas Cage is awesome.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

The Warriors

Found that first dvd release with the theatrical cut.

Now I know I saw this back in the late 80s. But remember nothing about it. Always hear the director's cut is crap. So when I found the old dvd for 25 cents I grabbed it. Not bad so far. And wow I forgot how many rap albums sampled stuff from this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabonga View Post
    Desperate Measures
    It's easy to forget how outrageously charismatic and magnetic Michael Keaton really is. He really shines here as a psycho killer who agrees to give a cops son bone marrow but then escapes at the hospital. And the chase is on. Andy garcia can often be a little hammy but he's alright here. The film doesn't really make sense. Ok, you can't kill him but why don't you just kneecap the sunovabitch and drag his ass back to the hospital? Despite that this is exciting stuff.

Underrated flick. A shame it bombed.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    SHOCKER - I loved this when I was a kid and probably watched it 10 times. I hadn't seen it in years and, holy shit, is it ever a turkey. It was obviously intended as a comic horror film, but it's mostly just embarrassing. It's no wonder that Peter Berg moved on to directing, because his performance here is awful (although, to be fair, he was effective in THE LAST SEDUCTION - playing a really dumb guy). This is just an incredible mess, but I have to admit that it's never boring (like other Craven stinkbombs DEADLY BLESSING and HILLS HAVE EYES II).
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

The Leftovers
    Fucked up a rib from coughing while sick so I've been laid out for a while. Binged this show. Interesting and frustrating in equal measure. I both dig it and dislike it. The silent cult was the most annoying and uninteresting part of the show. Also, Justin Theroux surprised the heck out of me with some excellent acting. Give that guy more work.

Once Upon A Time In... Hollywood
    Tarantino is an overrated, deeply annoying, twat. I told myself I was done with him but yesterday I was bored so I gave in and watched this. I gotta say, this is probably the best thing he's ever done. Loved the plotlessness of it and how we just got to hang with these peeps. The Bruce Lee "disgrace" wasn't so bad imo. Guy really did seem like a blowhard (though I love the guy deeply). The period details were spot on, the references not too annoyingly try hard as they have been in the past with him and I loved how he didn't go there with the Tate stuff. Nice bit of alternate history imo. I enjoyed the hell out of Brad Pitt (who was excellent) ***SPOILER!!!*** ***SPOILER***murdering the absolute fuck out of those hippies. Still don't get the Margot Robbie hoopla, though. She's like a less talented Jaime Pressly. But anyway. Only complaint I have is they didn't spend more time on the Italy stint DiCaprio's character did. I could watch an hour entirely dedicated to that. Great stuff.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!