Page 11 of 343 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Saw Return to the Batcave on TV yesterday. It wasn't bad, and certainly kept me interested...but how true are many of the stories recounted?

Just watched Vampire Circus and though I have some minor issues with the blu transfer I'm happy to have it and well worth a view (had never seen it before). Was the tiger rubbing one out to the tiger chick dance?

Quote Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
    Was the tiger rubbing one out to the tiger chick dance?
    It kinda seems that way. I watched Hatchet II last night. It was a moderately entertaining Friday the 13th rip off, kinda like the first one was. The hyperbole in the trailer and marketing kind of annoys me, because this really isn't a new genre icon we're being introduced to or anything like that, but it's got a lot of rad gore, some completely gratuitous nudity, and Tony Todd in something resembling Paul Stanley make up. It entertained me for an hour and a half.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    You know what? We watched The A-Team over the weekend and yeah, it's dumb as a bag of rocks but it is kinda fun. I couldn't quite turn off my brain all the way and so I was scoffing at parts and making snobby judgement calls on it but the cast actually do a pretty good job. And lots of stuff blows up real good.
    I think I did turn my brain off all the way. It's odd to see Liam Neeson as action dude, but it seems to be working out for him. I really liked TAKEN, even though it is completely predictable. So, I just watched THE LOSERS (2010), it was alright, but seemed to spend a little too much time on the romance elements, and a few other plot devices/characters that didn't have much of a purpose. Two and a half stars, but it would make a good triple feature with THE A-TEAM, and THE EXPENDABLES.

I still haven't seen The Losers but the trailer made it look passable enough.

We also watched Police Story the other night. Or the first two thirds of it at least. Someone fell asleep.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Watched Santo vs. La Mujeres Vampiros the other night. Then, just for kicks, I saw for the first time ever; episode # 624 of MST3K "Sampson vs. The Vampire Women". This had me laughing out loud. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the original version, ( I'm into these type of films) but the MST3K version had me in tears.
    "Look out! Don't step on it-it may be Lon Chaney!"

I miss the Rise Above Entertainment Lucha Libre movies. No one else really stepped up to the plate with the Mexican wrestler-monster moves once they split.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Your right about that. Some DVD's without subtitles are available if you look around.
    "Look out! Don't step on it-it may be Lon Chaney!"

Yeah, I've found some here and there and can follow them easily enough without understanding the Spanish, but it's always more fun when you can understand what they're saying.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

we can add that to our list of movies we are going to dub ourselves. I'm telling you we could make some moolah.