Page 2 of 335 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching?

Ressounances - really low budget French film that Synapse put out. Non anamorphic. Really? Guess it was shot that way and honestly the video is lousy, faking it to 16x9 wouldn't have helped. It was shot fast and cheap and it shows. It's got a bit of spirit though. Elements of Tremors and Evil Dead. Some interesting ideas hampered by the lack of funds needed to visualize them. Moderately amusing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolando View Post
    Watched Salt last night and was surprised I liked it more than I thought I would - Bourne or Shooter meets Telefon. Not great but watchable.
    I finally got to this one last night after letting the Blu-ray sit for awhile. Not bad at all, some really good chase scenes, fun performances, a few cool twists. A good time killer, if not a classic.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Saw that the BR has 3 alternate endings - Did I miss anything?

I haven't gone through all of them yet to know.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I didn't pay total attention to it, but when it did catch my eye it was decent.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Nadene is watching I'M STILL HERE, this documentary on Joaquin Phoenix. what does this documentary tell me? That his brother should be alive instead of him. He's snorting coke off of some girl's boobs, kissing Puff Daddy's ass because he thinks he's a hip hop star, and in general, proving that he's a scumbag waste of skin. I wish that i'd not seen it, because i don't really mind him in WALK THE LINE for all of it's flaws. But he's obviously a douchebag who deserves a punch in the face.

I enjoy his films.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    Nadene is watching I'M STILL HERE, this documentary on Joaquin Phoenix. what does this documentary tell me? That his brother should be alive instead of him. He's snorting coke off of some girl's boobs, kissing Puff Daddy's ass because he thinks he's a hip hop star, and in general, proving that he's a scumbag waste of skin. I wish that i'd not seen it, because i don't really mind him in WALK THE LINE for all of it's flaws. But he's obviously a douchebag who deserves a punch in the face.
    You know it's all a put on, right?
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Just watched SALT also. I like Phillip Noyce's films, for the most part. This was pretty good, but not as strong as some of his other works. The script and lead actor may have something to do with that. Hard to beat Patriot Games. Anyway, Noyce directs action very well and creates (in my opinion) believable characters and settings for them. He manages to establish faces and places before he really gets the ball rolling, which is important and skipped over by many directors these days.

SPOILERS

The main difference that I noticed is that in the extended Unrated Director's cut, Salt is shown killing all of the other Russian agents on the boat. This is not shown at all in the other cuts, which makes the audience uncertain still about her loyalties and motivations until the climax of the film. So while I appreciate the extra violence/action being available to see, the film may actually play better in the tighter, shorter versions.
    Last edited by paul h.; 12-24-2010 at 05:37 PM.

SALT>>>Also my player glitched/pixelated in the longest cut during the transition of the end of the boat sequence into the next scene. this was the DVD version. Anybody else have this problem? Worked fine during the same section in the other cuts, so it may be a branching/authoring weirdness.