Page 383 of 390 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 3898

Thread: What are you watching?

I keep rewatching the new GRAND TOUR special, LOCHDOWN. Did anybody else watch this? This shit is brilliant. It's the only thing recently that I actually looked forward to and they're great as always.
    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I keep rewatching the new GRAND TOUR special, LOCHDOWN. Did anybody else watch this? This shit is brilliant. It's the only thing recently that I actually looked forward to and they're great as always.
    Ooh is there a new one! I haven't been on Prime for a while. I find the boys a bit up and down. I think my reaction to a particular special depends on how much I can believe they are suffering genuine hardship rather than working through a script. Sometimes the banter does get a bit rote. They have done the same bit where they make fun of each others cars a good 200 times now. When its good though its great stuff. I loved the one where they went boating in Asia recently.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

I watched it, and aside from the dud ending, it was good. I loved the part with them trying to drive pimpmobiles through Edinburgh, and seeing how the mods that May and Clarkson made to their cars fucked them up was amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom D View Post
    Ooh is there a new one! I haven't been on Prime for a while. I find the boys a bit up and down. I think my reaction to a particular special depends on how much I can believe they are suffering genuine hardship rather than working through a script. Sometimes the banter does get a bit rote. They have done the same bit where they make fun of each others cars a good 200 times now. When its good though its great stuff. I loved the one where they went boating in Asia recently.
    They don't suffer all that much this time around, they are all getting up there in age. At times it plays like a greatest hits compilation of things we've seen them do before. But I loved every second of it. They travel to Scotland in American cars and the whole thing has an American vibe. I thought the ending was bloody brilliant.

^ aaand watchlisted.

Trailer for the uninitiated:

Prime just added James May's BBC show The Reassembler, it is really quite an enjoyable watch.

I finished BOSCH season 7. It left me wanting more. Really fantastic slow burn detective show. I look forward to the spinoff but I'm gonna miss the cast of the police station even if they eventually turn up. The last season was rough as his partner J. Edgar falls apart. Him and the Chief and the Lt. So many great characters.

Years ago after watching LONGMIRE I think I was trying to decide what to watch next and it was between YELLOWSTONE and TIN STAR. YELLOWSTONE got it's hooks in me and I forgot all about TIN STAR until I happened across it on Prime. I watched the first 3 or so episodes so far and it's very good but incredibly dark. Tim Roth is a a cop from Liverpool becoming the sheriff of a small Canadian town. Christina Hendricks plays a corporate liaison for an oil company. It runs for 3 seasons but the third season isn't on Prime. Anybody ever watch this?

I finished BOSCH season 7. It left me wanting more. Really fantastic slow burn detective show. I look forward to the spinoff but I'm gonna miss the cast of the police station even if they eventually turn up. The last season was rough as his partner J. Edgar falls apart. Him and the Chief and the Lt. So many great characters.

Years ago after watching LONGMIRE I think I was trying to decide what to watch next and it was between YELLOWSTONE and TIN STAR. YELLOWSTONE got it's hooks in me and I forgot all about TIN STAR until I happened across it on Prime. I watched the first 3 or so episodes so far and it's very good but incredibly dark. Tim Roth is a a cop from Liverpool becoming the sheriff of a small Canadian town. Christina Hendricks plays a corporate liaison for an oil company. It runs for 3 seasons but the third season isn't on Prime. Anybody ever watch this?
    I watched about 5 minutes of the first episode of Tin Star. American shows really need to remember that small towns in Canada don't have their own police, they are policed by the RCMP or the provincial police in Ontario and Quebec. Hell, I live in the biggest suburb of Calgary, 100,000 people, and we don't have our own PD! It's really fucking simple to research that, so there's no excuse to get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    I watched about 5 minutes of the first episode of Tin Star. American shows really need to remember that small towns in Canada don't have their own police, they are policed by the RCMP or the provincial police in Ontario and Quebec. Hell, I live in the biggest suburb of Calgary, 100,000 people, and we don't have our own PD! It's really fucking simple to research that, so there's no excuse to get it wrong.
    Right? Though Taber & Camrose have their own police services, and at ten thousandish they're relatively schitts-creeky.

Tim Roth, eh? After I finish my theta-wave therapy slog through the entirety of Burn Notice, I should check that out.