Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ringo Lam's Undeclared War

Quote Originally Posted by 47lab View Post
    It's already up for pre-order at buyoyo expected release date May 17.

Oh snap! I'm going to wait for confirmation that it isn't an upscale and that the audio isn't crap, but.... oh snap!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Some debate here as to whether or not this is an upscale.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...=317384&page=2

Anyone check out the disc yet? I'm sure either way it's an upgrade from the shitty old DVD I bought from HK a long, long time ago.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Some debate here as to whether or not this is an upscale.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...=317384&page=2

Anyone check out the disc yet? I'm sure either way it's an upgrade from the shitty old DVD I bought from HK a long, long time ago.
    Sounds like there is a possibility for another release using a newer print. Who knows? I'll wait on a final verdict from the some of the trustworthy sources like Spannick before picking it up. I might check out the iTunes version just to see if it is a new scan done by Sony and visibly improves on the Mei Ah one.
    "only the simplest can accommodate the most complex"

FULL CONTACT really is Lam's true masterpiece. I'm glad you finally saw the light, Takuma.

YesAsia just advised me that both FULL CONTACT and WILD SEARCH have shipped. Should have them in days.

Some chatter in Blu-Ray.com forum that it's an upscale. The Sony transfer on iTunes is really good, but it's missing a lot of the music, so I'm not interested.

At least not quite the fate of the music that went missing on all subsequent BULLET IN THE HEAD releases after the VCD and LD.
    Last edited by AngelGuts; 05-30-2019 at 07:10 PM.

AngelGuts, if you don't mind chiming in on the quality of both Blu's once you're able I would appreciate it.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    AngelGuts, if you don't mind chiming in on the quality of both Blu's once you're able I would appreciate it.
    Will post my reaction as soon as I get the disc.