Thread: Kino Releasing The 3-D Nudie Cutie Collection

Kino Releasing The 3-D Nudie Cutie Collection

Coming Soon from Kino Lorber and 3-D Film Archive, LLC!

The 3-D Nudie Cutie Collection - Three Films Restored in 3-D by 3-D Film Archives

• Adam and 6 Eves (1962) released flat theatrically so this release marks the 3-D premiere. The last feature shot in Natural Vision (Bwana Devil, House of Wax, The Charge at Feather River, Gog)
    • The Bellboy and the Playgirls (1962) with color and 3-D footage directed by 22 year old Francis Ford Coppola.
    • Love for Sale (1953) lost red/cyan anaglyphic 3-D short never before seen in discrete polarized 3-D.

Name:  55615846_2043560562359320_8940795907838836736_o.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  58.2 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'll be getting this, although I don't have 3-D equipment.

Francis Ford Coppola went on to direct The Godfather, The Godfather II, and The Godfather III.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyboy View Post
    Francis Ford Coppola went on to direct The Godfather, The Godfather II, and The Godfather III.
    Are these worth tracking down?

Nudie-Cuties were popular in grindhouse theaters in the early 1960’s but they were eventually replaced with more explicit fare. 3-D was a natural for this genre with such titillating promises as “A girl in your lap” and “They dance right off the screen into your arms.”

For The 3-D Nudie-Cutie Collection the 3-D Film Archive has restored two rare features from this era of sexploitation. The Bellboy and the Playgirls (1962) stars June “The Bosom” Wilkinson and includes new scenes directed by 22-year-old Francis Ford Coppola, including a finale in “The New Depth Perception.” Adam and Six Eves (1962) was filmed with the venerable Natural Vision camera rig in 1962 but was never released in 3-D.

We also present two Golden Age 3-D short subjects: Love for Sale (1953) features the gorgeous Bella Starr and Beauty in 3rd Dimension is a newly curated collection of Figure Studies in Kodachrome Stereo from 1951.

Features:

The Bellboy and the Playgirls (1962)
    Starring June Wilkinson
    Directed by Fritz Umgelter and Francis Ford Coppola
    1.85:1 • 94 minutes

Adam and Six Eves (1962)
    Directed by John Wallis
    Starring Randy Brent, Gabrielle Bennett, Marianne Bennett, Shelly Forbes, Leigh Sands, Lorraine Sheldon, Barbara Stanley
    1.66:1 • 60 minutes

Shorts:

Love for Sale (1953)
    1.37:1 • 10 minutes

Beauty in 3rd Dimension (1951)
    1.37:1 • 2 minutes

Name:  Nude_cover1-1.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  53.5 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

are these the kind of 3D films you view with those red and blue glasses? I hope so because I don't have a 3D TV, and they don't make them anymore sadly, I wanted to get one a while back, and they didn't have any for sale anywhere, they had some projectors with 3D, but that wasn't an option for me. The red and blue glasses have always worked okay for me, not as good as what they use at the movie theater, but still pretty good, and of course I don't want to pay as much as what they have at a movie theater lol, but I think these movies would be fun to watch sometime.

I don't think so. The films will appear on the Blu-ray in 2D as well as 3D. However, if you don't have full 3D playback equipment, the disc will default to 2D.

One of the few 3D Blu-rays (there's also a separate DVD release) that uses the red and blue glasses is THE MASK (1961), a spooky Canadian horror film. That format is termed anaglyph, I believe.

If I remember correctly, the DVD release includes a pair of the glasses, but the Blu-ray release does not. Both were released by Kino.

Friday the 13th part 3D was red and blu on blu ray I have a 4K BLu ray player so I can play back 3d Blu Rays, but I would have to get a projector to be able to watch it in 3D. Which is definitely something I am thinking of doing when I get moved. It just seems really complicated to have a projector, I do know I want to hang it from the ceiling the place I'm getting has really high ceilings in it. and I can display about a 120 inch picture. I plan to just paint that wall with some movie screen paint lol, or whatever it's called I hardly ever watch anything on regular TV anymore, it's the same damn stupid shit that's been on for 25 years, Judge Judy, Jerry Springer, Maury "who's the daddy" Povich, this shit has literally been on since I was in high school, I just like to watch a good movie every now and then, but as far as watching any TV series I don't watch any anymore, I even got tired of the Simpsons and Family Guy, not sure if they even come on anymore. And those have been on forever too, Simpsons have been on since I was like in 1st grade or something. But oh I forgot the post lol, I would love to buy 3D movies, and I have wanted a projector for a few years. But it seems like it would be pretty complicated to set up and operate, at least compared to a TV.