Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kino Releasing Lost Highway!

No details yet, just this.

Name:  lost.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  48.9 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

PLEASE DON'T FUCK THIS UP. I have the blu-ray from the German set which I was just happy to see in HD, but I've been told by somebody in the know that I'm an idiot for liking it because it's an old telecine scan. I'm totally down with a new transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Tolch View Post
    PLEASE DON'T FUCK THIS UP. I have the blu-ray from the German set which I was just happy to see in HD, but I've been told by somebody in the know that I'm an idiot for liking it because it's an old telecine scan. I'm totally down with a new transfer.
    Unfortunately, based on this answer from the Kino Insider at the Blu-ray.com forums after multiple people asked if they were doing a new transfer, I don't think this will be a new master
    We acquired the rights last year. We did reach out to the filmmaker. And that's all we can say about it.

The transfer is a very good one, we watched it and it looks great. We're trying to clear three extras and hope to list the additional details next week.
    Last edited by Derrick King; 04-05-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick King View Post
    Unfortunately, based on this answer from the Kino Insider at the Blu-ray.com forums after multiple people asked if they were doing a new transfer, I don't think this will be a new master
    Fuck. I think the Euro blu had three extras as well. Guess I'm hanging onto it.

I've seen the comments saying that it needs a new scan. I have the UK blu-ray and don't remember thinking it was flawed.

Would've preferred if it was Criterion doing it, but I have faith in Kino. I'm sure they're well-aware that this is a big one.

Greatest movie ever.
    Vortice Mortale - The Lost Highway of Horror and Cult Film

Latest post: Spider (David Cronenberg, 2002)

Lynch's last great film. I know that's an unpopular opinion but he needs an editor to shine. Either that or religiously keep to a 2 hour runtime.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky

Quote Originally Posted by Alex K. View Post
    Lynch's last great film. I know that's an unpopular opinion but he needs an editor to shine. Either that or religiously keep to a 2 hour runtime.
    Personally, I think that Mulholland Drive smokes it, but I do love Lost Highway. I've tried to watch INLAND EMPIRE twice, and failed.

I love THE STRAIGHT STORY, too.