Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

I guess it doesn't look any more ridiculous than the last few films.

The thing with that backflip is that, for me at least, it elicits zero excitement or wonder in 2019. Back in the heyday of HK fantasy films seeing someone do that was remarkable regardless of what types of special effects were used to accomplish it. Wire work used to be pretty neat but 25 years down the line it's an overused gimmick and to highlight that in a teaser feels lame.

I hated Last Jedi with a passion - almost walked out - and Force Awakens has a tone I didn't really care for and it hasn't grown on me over the years. I feel obligated to see this new one but I have to admit that I'm no longer the target audience for this stuff.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

...and what's the point of "EVERY GENERATION HAS A LEGEND"? That type of shit isn't necessary.

"EVERY HERO HAS A JOURNEY TO EVERY ADVENTURE THAT HAS A BEGINNING OF EVERY STORY WHICH ALSO HAS AN ENDING, HOPEFULLY."
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyboy View Post
    The thing with that backflip is that, for me at least, it elicits zero excitement or wonder in 2019. Back in the heyday of HK fantasy films seeing someone do that was remarkable regardless of what types of special effects were used to accomplish it. Wire work used to be pretty neat but 25 years down the line it's an overused gimmick and to highlight that in a teaser feels lame.
    Even with the sound down, with a scene like that, you can hear that bass drop.

Every generation does not have a legend. Some generations are really lackluster. Like whatever generation is making this movie.
    "You're just gonna grow up to be another Fogerty!"

Quote Originally Posted by agent999 View Post
    It's a well known fact that Jedis spend 70% of their time engaged in orally pleasuring themselves. Something to do with releasing the build up of midichlorians. Those on the dark side are the ones that can't quite reach.
    If you are the originator of that...bravo sir.

I checked out after Rogue One which wasn't terrible. I can't be bothered with Star Wars right now. Let me know when they decide to do something original from a timeline that has light sabers but no one named Skywalker or Solo. I also want some assurances that the plot doesn't hinge on some young person going from a nobody to Jedi master in the span of 90 minutes.

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness."

Alejandro Jodorowsky