Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Warner Archive Releasing Shaft's Big Score & Shaft In Africa!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    Are the sequels more fun?
    He gets a cool pet dog in Shaft In Africa.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

They need to do a side-by-side box set of all three movies and call it “12 Inches of Shaft!”

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Warner Archive Blu-ray releases are pressed discs, not MOD.
    Some of the Warner Archive Blu-rays are pressed discs others are MOD, nothing on the box indicates which you are getting. The same goes for the Warner Archive DVDs. Some are pressed and others are MOD.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Do let us know what you think! I've been curious about that series for a long time but I've never heard anything good about. Even Richard Roundrtree says it isn't good. I only found out it even existed a couple years ago.
    I have the Warner Archive set of the series. They are "movies" like the Colombo made-for-TV movies. They aren't anywhere as fun as any of the films and very low budget; however, if you go in understanding what they are they are fun to watch.

Some of the Warner Archive Blu-rays are pressed discs others are MOD, nothing on the box indicates which you are getting. The same goes for the Warner Archive DVDs. Some are pressed and others are MOD.
    Are you sure about that re: the Blu-rays? I've not heard this and have only ever received pressed discs from them.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    How can you tell with the Blu-rays if they're pressed or not? When you turn them over they look the same. At least with a DVD-R it has that purple tinge on the disc.

Which Warner Archive DVDs are pressed discs?

I have the Warner Archive set of the series. They are "movies" like the Colombo made-for-TV movies. They aren't anywhere as fun as any of the films and very low budget; however, if you go in understanding what they are they are fun to watch.
    Thanks, Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Are you sure about that re: the Blu-rays? I've not heard this and have only ever received pressed discs from them.
    Relatively, but I wouldn't bet the farm on my memory. I remember being really surprised when A Christmas Story Live! was pressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H. View Post
    How can you tell with the Blu-rays if they're pressed or not? When you turn them over they look the same. At least with a DVD-R it has that purple tinge on the disc.

Which Warner Archive DVDs are pressed discs?
    They are black discs if they are burned. I know What I Like About You Season 4 is a pressed Warner Archive DVD. I just bought that one. Seasons 2 and 3 were burned. I know I have received other pressed Archive DVDs since I always am surprised when one is pressed when it shows up.
    Last edited by Flash; 04-19-2019 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added a missing t in bet

EDIT
    Last edited by Matt H.; 04-19-2019 at 03:09 PM.

They are black discs if they are burned.
    You mean like solid black bottom?

EDIT: Not to "press" the issue (tee-hee) but I compared my NIGHT PULSE BD-R with a Scream Factory disc and I guess there was a slight difference in colour, but you'd have to be an eagle eye to spot it. I'm not seeing the black, though.
    Last edited by Matt H.; 04-19-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Not solid black but noticeable black.

Left BD-R (commercially bought), right pressed Blu-ray.

Name:  20190419_161707.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  2.99 MB

Name:  20190419_161730.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  3.10 MB