Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danzig's Verotika Movie

Danzig's Verotika Movie

Source.

"Cinepocalypse 2019 is proud to present Verotika the directorial debut from Misfits founder and punk/metal legend Glenn Danzig on June 13th at Music Box in Chicago, IL. Glenn’s passion for film, the occult, and all things ghouls ‘n ghosts has long influenced his music, and now he’s taking these elements to the big screen. Featuring a plot shrouded in secrecy, a soundtrack of new Danzig music, and based on the output of his comic book publishing company Verotik—a compound of “violence” and “erotic”—this feature film anthology is a realization of his lifelong love of comics and the dark arts. We’ll melt your face off with the world premiere of VEROTIKA on opening night, with Glenn in attendance.

Danzig wrote, directed and composed all the music for Verotika, which is based on Danzig's own Verotik comic book series. The film stars Kayden Kross, Ashley Wisdom, Rachel Alig and Alice Haig, among others, and arrives via Cleopatra Entertainment, a division of Cleopatra Records."
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

That sounds amazing. Looks like Rob Zombie can finally look down on someone.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

This sounds great, I hope it gets some kinda release!
    "You're just gonna grow up to be another Fogerty!"

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I'm stoked to see James Franco play Glenn in ten years!

Another review that pretty much follows the previous two linked here:

https://bloody-disgusting.com/review...uivalent-room/

It’s fitting that the record label he started way back in the day was called Plan 9 records, because there are a number of moments in Verotika that recall the filmmaking style of Plan 9 from Outer Space director Ed Wood. I’m not sure the tribute is intentional.
    I'll still watch it if Danzig doesn't go sulky and withholds the flick from release. I sat through a previous adaptation of a Verotik comic with Craven Moorehead's GRUB GIRL (2006) and how much worse can this possibly be?

This sounds amazing.

The Hollywood Reporter has a review up, and it’s amazing. They say it would be a shame if it never sees release after the festival run because it’s the funniest example of sheer incompetence and bad ideas ever. They eake it sound like it manages to top The Room, if only because you’d expect Glenn to know more about how things should work than Tommy Wiseau does. I have to see this, even if it means finding a cam copy one day!

EDIT: it appears that THR was just posting the AV Club review.
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 06-15-2019 at 08:26 PM.

LA showing June 25th:

https://tinyurl.com/y37yylog