Thread: Severin Films Releasing Robowar!

Severin Films Releasing Robowar!

Check it out.

A year before their jaw-dropper SHOCKING DARK, director Bruno Mattei (VIOLENCE IN A WOMEN’S PRISON) and co-writers Claudio Fragasso & Rossella Drudi (NIGHT KILLER, ZOMBIE 4) first collaborated on this brain-melting mash-up of PREDATOR, ROBOCOP and Philippines war movie mayhem: When a team of badass commandos is hired for a jungle rescue mission, they’ll instead find them hunted by a kill-crazed creature that is part man, part machine and all glorious ‘80s ItaloSleaze. Reb Brown (UNCOMMON VALOR), Catherine Hickland (ONE LIFE TO LIVE), Massimo Vanni (RATS: NIGHT OF TERROR) and Jim Gaines (ISLAND OF THE LIVING DEAD) star in this “freaking awesome must-watch for any action fan” (BMovieCitadel.com), now scanned in 4k from the original negative and loaded with all-new Special Features.

Special Features:

Robo Predator: Interview with Co-Director/Co-Writer Claudio Fragasso
    Italian Rip Off: Interview with Co-Writer Rossella Drudi
    Violence She Wrote: Career Interview with Screenwriter Rossella Drudi
    Robo-Lady: Interview with Actress Catherine Hickland
    Papa Doc’s War: Interview with Actor John P. Dulaney
    The Robowarrior: Interview with Actor Jim Gaines Jr.
    War in the Phillipines: Interview with Actor/Stuntman Massimo Vanni
    Catherine Hickland’s Behind The Scenes Home Movies
    Trailer
    Bonus Disc: CD SOUNDTRACK

Name:  RobowarBLU-768x916.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  231.3 KB
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

HELL YEAH! Best predator rip-off ever!
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

So would picking up Robowar & Shocking Dark be recommended? They seem to have potential but also seem like they could be truly awful and a waste of money.

I think they're both pretty unwatchable. That said, I won't be able to resist picking this one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
    So would picking up Robowar & Shocking Dark be recommended? They seem to have potential but also seem like they could be truly awful and a waste of money.
    Yep depending on what mood you're in they're either one of those or the other. From one angle, a waste of money, on another day and in another light, bad movie classics. You know if you like these kind of films or not, I think..

Even more than in the film on Blu-ray I'm interested in those interviews. The interviews on SHOCKING DARK were definitely more entertaining than the actual film and I suspect the same will be true here. Can't wait!