Thread: Magic: The Gathering Coming To Netflix

Magic: The Gathering Coming To Netflix

I'm not sure how you turn a card game in to a TV series but it's happening.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/magi...s-netflix-news

"The Russo Brothers (Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame) are working with Netflix to create a new series based on the popular Wizards of the Coast card game, Magic The Gathering.

“We have been huge fans and players of Magic: The Gathering for as long as it has been around, so being able to help bring these stories to life through animation is a true passion project for us,” said Joe and Anthony Russo in a Netflix press release. John Derderian, head of Anime programming for Netflix, echoed their enthusiasm by stating that "There’s no one better suited to bring this story to audiences around the world than Joe and Anthony Russo, whose talent for genre storytelling is unmatched, as demonstrated by their central role in creating some of the biggest box office hits of all time.”"

More at the link.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I'm not sure how you turn a card game in to a TV series but it's happening.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/magi...s-netflix-news

"The Russo Brothers (Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame) are working with Netflix to create a new series based on the popular Wizards of the Coast card game, Magic The Gathering.

“We have been huge fans and players of Magic: The Gathering for as long as it has been around, so being able to help bring these stories to life through animation is a true passion project for us,” said Joe and Anthony Russo in a Netflix press release. John Derderian, head of Anime programming for Netflix, echoed their enthusiasm by stating that "There’s no one better suited to bring this story to audiences around the world than Joe and Anthony Russo, whose talent for genre storytelling is unmatched, as demonstrated by their central role in creating some of the biggest box office hits of all time.”"

More at the link.
    They have backfilled a shitload of lore and even characters into the game over the years. It doesn’t make sense and was just done as a cash grab.

That said, the Russo brothers could make something cool out of the general concept.

I'm by no means a Magic expert, I played once or twice when it first came out and it wasn't my thing but my stepbrother was way into it back then and I have a close friend who is still super gung-ho about it. They'll both probably be stoked about this news.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jane View Post
    I'm by no means a Magic expert, I played once or twice when it first came out and it wasn't my thing but my stepbrother was way into it back then and I have a close friend who is still super gung-ho about it. They'll both probably be stoked about this news.
    My daughter loves the game, and her reaction to this was “I don’t see the point, but the Russo brothers are good, so we will see.”